Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

View Poll Results: Would you take your grail piece of art over the cover to Action Comics #1?
Grail 1st appearance art 10 43.48%
Action Comics #1 10 43.48%
Hey I don't count because Superman is my favorite character. 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2010, 02:34 AM   #61
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Does that makes sense or am I being overly sentimental?
Makes perfect sense, and as others have said, fab post. Time will out. on whether or not art holds it's present value, and my opinion is that while it will ebb and flow, I don't think the important pieces wiil every truly crash...just not enough of it out there, and too many collectors with deep pockets. I have given sketches that I have received from artists at conventions to kids that arrived too late, and the look on their faces looked like how I felt inside when I was getting my first sketches...only time will tell whether or not those looks turn into future art aficionados. The glass is always half full with me, so keep that in mind. verjoyed:
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:25 AM   #62
Hulk5150
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsdale Saint View Post
I have given sketches that I have received from artists at conventions to kids that arrived too late, and the look on their faces looked like how I felt inside when I was getting my first sketches
Very cool.
Hulk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #63
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

[QUOTE=Hulk5150;3601845]What does a fire sale have to do with it? My very answer shows my love of the hobby. What's wrong with selling what you don’t want (Action #1) in order to acquire what you do want (Hulk grails)?

Great. I’ve got a cover that I don’t want—that will hold its value—and in the meantime I don’t have the grail that I *could* have if I were to sell it.
Great. What fun.

The point is Actions #1 would be considered the ultimate Comic Art to the World. The question is would you take that or your personal grail. What fun is it to side step the question and say I'll take that because it's more expensive and then sell it and then buy the other anyways. That's hardly a difficult choice.

As far as the religion goes I said I wasn't religious so I'm not going to get in a mud throwing contest of what I think Jesus magically could do or not do.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #64
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
The point is Actions #1 would be considered the ultimate Comic Art to the World. The question is would you take that or your personal grail. What fun is it to side step the question and say I'll take that because it's more expensive and then sell it and then buy the other anyways. That's hardly a difficult choice.
I would take my grail...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote