Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-09-2020, 12:59 PM   #141
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I think it would have looked silly to have him half-standing on rubble. I'm quite tired of that pose. It's like all of the Iron Studios statues where they're jumping out of explosions or leaping off or standing on rubble.
To each his own. For my part, I'd rather him half-standing on rubble than risk becoming a pile of rubble himself.

Edit: I'm not trying to knock this piece, I'm just a little concerned. I had the Iron Studios Wolverine 1/4 scale statue that had a similarly dynamic pose with only one point of contact and I sold it for this reason. Wasn't convinced of its long term stability.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:28 PM   #142
chronos1919
Nightwing

To me it just ruins the art of the statue when they have to force multiple contact points into the build. If you're so concerned about it that you sold a statue just because it had potential, in your mind, to develop a lean, this is not a statue for you.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:44 PM   #143
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
To me it just ruins the art of the statue when they have to force multiple contact points into the build. If you're so concerned about it that you sold a statue just because it had potential, in your mind, to develop a lean, this is not a statue for you.
Well, whether a piece of rubble on the ground that he could launch off of (when there is already rubble on the base) would be forced is surely a matter of debate, no?

To your second point, it is interesting how you phrased that -- it almost seems as though you are implying that selling the piece for that concern was foolhardy. But it was a costly piece, and I wasn't about to rest $600+ on hope.

Still, if my concern about the engineering of this piece makes you anxious, you're welcome to ignore my posts.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:50 PM   #144
nearmint
Phoenix

It connects in a similar fashion to the Flash PF. Sideshow must be confident with this single connection holding up over time...

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:48 AM   #145
ahkun_sg
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
To each his own. For my part, I'd rather him half-standing on rubble than risk becoming a pile of rubble himself.

Edit: I'm not trying to knock this piece, I'm just a little concerned. I had the Iron Studios Wolverine 1/4 scale statue that had a similarly dynamic pose with only one point of contact and I sold it for this reason. Wasn't convinced of its long term stability.
you can create your own rubbles ,or just put something under the right leg to balance the weight. This shall allay your fears.
Ya I am also tired of the usual explosions or rubble under the feet stuff. Glad that sideshow managed to pull off this feat. If these statues can withstand the test of time, then it has placed itself one level above the rest.
ahkun_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:38 PM   #146
Python
Omega Red

I don't collect superman, but this is pretty cool imo...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:59 PM   #147
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It connects in a similar fashion to the Flash PF. Sideshow must be confident with this single connection holding up over time...

Wow ...after seeing these 2 pics, this PF and the Flash PF might just look good displayed together.

It's like Flash challenged Superman to a race and said "Go!" before Clark could change costumes. HaHa
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:24 PM   #148
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Wow ...after seeing these 2 pics, this PF and the Flash PF might just look good displayed together.

It's like Flash challenged Superman to a race and said "Go!" before Clark could change costumes. HaHa
Ha, I like that.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:56 PM   #149
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

I'm thinking their facing is off to have them racing - they're both looking at the sky or something off over yonder instead of focusing on the win
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:25 PM   #150
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

This was shown on SS Live today with interviews from Tim Hanson and Mike Tolentino.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote