Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-15-2020, 03:58 PM   #151
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
Well, whether a piece of rubble on the ground that he could launch off of (when there is already rubble on the base) would be forced is surely a matter of debate, no?
Which is why I prefaced my statement with "to me", though it should be clear that anything I post is my opinion and not absolute fact.

Quote:
To your second point, it is interesting how you phrased that -- it almost seems as though you are implying that selling the piece for that concern was foolhardy. But it was a costly piece, and I wasn't about to rest $600+ on hope.

Still, if my concern about the engineering of this piece makes you anxious, you're welcome to ignore my posts.
My point was, if you were too anxious about a similarly designed statue holding up over time, why buy another? Wouldn't you have similar anxiety?

Try not to feel attacked. Or, you know, you can just ignore my posts.

chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:14 PM   #152
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Which is why I prefaced my statement with "to me", though it should be clear that anything I post is my opinion and not absolute fact.
C'mon now. The opinion you expressed was that it ruins the art of the statue when they have to force multiple contact points. The statement of fact was that they have to force multiple contact points.

Quote:
My point was, if you were too anxious about a similarly designed statue holding up over time, why buy another? Wouldn't you have similar anxiety?

Try not to feel attacked. Or, you know, you can just ignore my posts.

I expressed a minor concern about a statue which myself and others will drop over half a grand on, and you're contribution was "this is not a statue for you". If this is the extent of your wisdom, I assure you that you do not have to convince me to ignore your posts.

And whoever said I thought you were attacking me? Were you curiously dismissive of my concern? Sure. Were you "attacking" me? Don't think so. Maybe I missed something.

But just so there's no more confusion going forward, I was under the impression this was a discussion forum about statues where people could, you know, discuss statues. My mistake. I apologize for making comments about a statue on this forum intended for making comments about statues. Carry on.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:36 PM   #153
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
C'mon now. The opinion you expressed was that it ruins the art of the statue when they have to force multiple contact points. The statement of fact was that they have to force multiple contact points.

I expressed a minor concern about a statue which myself and others will drop over half a grand on, and you're contribution was "this is not a statue for you". If this is the extent of your wisdom, I assure you that you do not have to convince me to ignore your posts.

And whoever said I thought you were attacking me? Were you curiously dismissive of my concern? Sure. Were you "attacking" me? Don't think so. Maybe I missed something.

But just so there's no more confusion going forward, I was under the impression this was a discussion forum about statues where people could, you know, discuss statues. My mistake. I apologize for making comments about a statue on this forum intended for making comments about statues. Carry on.
You're very whiny. Try taking a nap maybe?
Old 01-15-2020, 05:49 PM   #154
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
You're very whiny. Try taking a nap maybe?
Oh, brother. I didn't realize I was talking to an imbecile. I don't have the time or patience to go back and forth with you, nor do I wish to derail this thread any further with this nonsense. If you like, you can private message me (I won't respond ) to vent whatever frustrations you have over my posts.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:06 PM   #155
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Oh, brother. I didn't realize I was talking to an imbecile. I don't have the time or patience to go back and forth with you, nor do I wish to derail this thread any further with this nonsense. If you like, you can private message me (I won't respond ) to vent whatever frustrations you have over my posts.
Cool, your tantrum is over. Moving on...
Old 01-15-2020, 06:11 PM   #156
Rycher
Birdman

I don't know what the guy above me is on about, but I seem to be living rent free in his head.

Anyway, to get things back on track, I think this piece will pair nicely with the Man of Steel Alex Ross print they released a while back.

I wonder if they will do a similarly inspired Batman piece to go with his Batman print.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:25 PM   #157
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
I don't know what the guy above me is on about, but I seem to be living rent free in his head.
You just can’t quit me, can you?

I was talking about your idiotic rant. I thought I was using simple enough words for you, but it still went over your head.

So, yes, back to the topic at hand. I’d really like a Lois Lane statue to accompany this. It’s doubtful, but if they were ever going to make one it would be a good companion to have, standing by Clark as he runs off.

Honestly, as I think about it, I’m not sure how they would design Lois so that she didn’t appear to be just a random, black haired woman...

Something like this, maybe, with a Daily Planet press badge?

Old 01-15-2020, 06:29 PM   #158
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
You just can’t quit me, can you?

I was talking about your idiotic rant. I thought I was using simple enough words for you, but it still went over your head.

Okay, this has gotten out of hand. We've both called each other idiots now over a statue of a comic book character that hasn't even been released. I say we bury the hatchet right now and call it even.

As for your suggestion of a Lois Lane statue, I hate it.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:38 PM   #159
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Okay, this has gotten out of hand. We've both called each other idiots now over a statue of a comic book character that hasn't even been released. I say we bury the hatchet right now and call it even.

As for your suggestion of a Lois Lane statue, I hate it.
Agreed.

And I hate your ideas too.

Old 01-15-2020, 06:42 PM   #160
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Agreed.

And I hate your ideas too.