Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-06-2020, 03:12 PM   #311
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post

I do wonder would an exclusive be cancelled if there were not enough orders for it?
I doubt it. Sales of the regular might off-set losses on an exclusive. As Chad said on Rogues Gallery Live last night, only 35 orders were placed for the Cheetah EX, but it's being made.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:26 PM   #312
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I doubt it. Sales of the regular might off-set losses on an exclusive. As Chad said on Rogues Gallery Live last night, only 35 orders were placed for the Cheetah EX, but it's being made.
Only example I can recall is P1 BvS Batmobile.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #313
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I think he said end up making about 75 EX on her as may be the base level to produce. I expect them all to be sold out either by the time she releases or not long after.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:09 PM   #314
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I remember Bowen only made a little over 75 of the Beast in his blue and red costume. One will pop up every now and then on Ebay but usually goes for a large amount.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:37 PM   #315
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
I think that was 35 orders placed through Tweeterhead, right? I wonder how many Spec Fiction received. That was another where Chad undercut his site by allowing an exclusive to be sold elsewhere. It's cheaper at Spec Fiction, so anyone familiar with that site would likely buy it there.

Chad did make it seem like he could not survive off of the regs alone. I was surprised by that, but it sounded like the discounts given to other retailers don't give him enough of a profit to make it worth his while, if I understood correctly.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:43 PM   #316
craigcliff1
Zot

Super few pieces get canceled once you have a prototype a few P1 pieces did, I remmeber many years ago SSC canceled the Rick O'Connel PF.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:45 PM   #317
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I think that was 35 orders placed through Tweeterhead, right? I wonder how many Spec Fiction received. That was another where Chad undercut his site by allowing an exclusive to be sold elsewhere.
Ah. Didn't realize that.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:52 PM   #318
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think that was 35 orders placed through Tweeterhead, right? I wonder how many Spec Fiction received. That was another where Chad undercut his site by allowing an exclusive to be sold elsewhere. It's cheaper at Spec Fiction, so anyone familiar with that site would likely buy it there.

Chad did make it seem like he could not survive off of the regs alone. I was surprised by that, but it sounded like the discounts given to other retailers don't give him enough of a profit to make it worth his while, if I understood correctly.
Yep, The way Sideshow does it for their accounts is their pieces can't be sold for less that 10% of what Sideshow sells them for.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:29 PM   #319
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
I've always heard places like SSC gets the statues for 1/2 off. Probably why P1 had to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
No cap. Edition size will equal to orders placed in the 6 week window. (maybe few more for the replacement / breakages etc.)
Even better for TH. Might sell 500 of a really great statue.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:41 PM   #320
craigcliff1
Zot

Ordered. I don't collect Comic Book statues anymore but had to get this one.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote