Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-23-2005, 11:45 PM   #11
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley76
It's called getting things closer to the ultimate universe... Change is good.
I like the Ultimate universe. Doesn't have all the baggage of 30+ years of poor writing, screwed up continuity, plus a fresh approach. I like the stories they have started with.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:58 PM   #12
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

I am a huge Rogue fan too, but I must admit that I do not like her with just her mutant power. I really really miss when she had Ms. Marvel's powers to fly, super strength and near invicibility. She doesn't seem to do anything interesting anymore. Hopefully she will get her powers back. In the new Rogue series, issue #8's cover shows Rogue flying. Maybe she just temporarily absorbs a mutants power to fly. I still have hope though.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:30 PM   #13
bat_collector
Galactus

I think Marvel went with Rogue losing her powers so all those who decided to read x-men after seeing the movie wouldn't have a coronary when they found out she had flight, super strength, and invulnerability. Which is lame!

I like her better with her powers. And I like Uncanny X-men!

Big no to the Ultiamte Universe. Utter garbage.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:58 PM   #14
Crom
Loki

Does anyone remember when Rouge had only her mutant powers? I thought she was much more interesting because each time she showed up, her powers were determined by who she fought.

I haven't read any X-Men stories with Rouge in them for a long time because she always relies on the powers she stole from Ms. Marvel. I always liked her better when she had to siphon off from other people. I think it really ups the fear-factor of her powers. You never know who she will swipe from and when. She can be the most powerful person inteh Marvel Universe depending on her opponents, if for a brief time.

I know a lot of people like her all suped-up though. I would say give it a little time and just enjoy her this way for a little while. I have a feeling it won't be long before she gets her powers back.
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:07 PM   #15
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Crom, I agree and disagree. She was at her most basic when she was a villain. The powers she took were always from heroes, so that aspect of it was cool. She enjoyed stealing powers from other people at this time. When she took Ms. Marvels powers she herself became this super being who permanently absorbed Ms. Marvels psyche. That drove her crazy and she never wanted to experience that again. I loved Rogue better with the Ms. Marvel powers because she was at a constant battle with herself.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:14 PM   #16
Crom
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna
Crom, I agree and disagree. She was at her most basic when she was a villain. The powers she took were always from heroes, so that aspect of it was cool. She enjoyed stealing powers from other people at this time. When she took Ms. Marvels powers she herself became this super being who permanently absorbed Ms. Marvels psyche. That drove her crazy and she never wanted to experience that again. I loved Rogue better with the Ms. Marvel powers because she was at a constant battle with herself.
Perna, I did like the mental battle she waged with he identity. I always thought that was cool. But over time I felt like even that was put to the wayside.

Like I said, I haven't read anything with it in a while. It just seems she is now the most confident, leading character n the X-Men. I liked it when she came to the X-Men to gain control of her powers. I think that aspect has been a casualty of the constant romance up and downs of her life.

And while she was a villain she enjoyed stealing powers, some of my favorite issues with her are when she has had to take a teammates powers to fight on.

I just prefer her having to deal without her powers. But then again, I never grew to be as big a fan of her as others. I realize a lot of people really see her Ms. Marvel powers as hers. She was also one of the most powerful women in the Marvel Universe. I don't think this is permanent. And if it wa smade due to the movie, it is a bit late in the game. I think this will just be a cool storyline, nothing more.
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:23 PM   #17
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Crom, don't get me wrong. I agree that she was most interesting when she was her own worst enemy. She was the outsider in a group of outsiders. I also don't like the approach they've taken with her now. She doesn't seem to worry about anything now. I liked the c ocky Rogue from a few years back when Silvestri and Lee were drawing her. She was always the first to jump into battle but when it came to personal time, she was one of the loneliest people.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote