Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-19-2021, 04:23 AM   #41
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
They have a bad habit of cancelling lines in the middle of making the popular characters. Plus PCS screwed people over a few years ago. That's why I basically sold everything I had from them and haven't purchased anything from them since. But if these are good and they promise to make at least more than 2 characters then this might bring me back to buying their stuff again.
That was the previous owner, Jerry M.
The new owners appear to have more get-up and go to them, looking to offer new pieces on a regular basis, and deliver within a reasonable time scale. They appear to operate with few staff members, thus keep costs down. That side of business they seem very good at.

I sense maybe if they had someone like David Igo onboard, they could up their game, as some pieces while looking ok could look better. Ant Adams possibly has too much on his plate, to coin a phrase.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:58 AM   #42
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

PCS seems to be in a pretty stable spot these days. While I don't always like what they are putting out, they have been acquiring IPs and releasing stuff from them pretty regularly. And while they don't cover all the ground of every line, no company does and I'd say they've done more for the SF swimsuit line than a lot of companies would in general. In recent years we've gotten major scale statues of Hugo, Mika, Karin, Laura that has to mean something.

Out of all the major fighting games though, I never really hear people randomly saying they want merch based off KI. I'll be interested in seeing how people feel when we start seeing renders and production pics. I've never really played the games much so I definitely won't be buying the pieces even if I like the designs and music.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:03 PM   #43
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

I can't wait to see if PCS put out original game statues, and how well they sell.

I am all for the original designs...but as the classic costumes from the reboot. They would contain so much more detail. I think the actual originals are a case of 'rose-colored glasses'. Some would fare better than others of course (Fulgore and Spinal probably the best).

First generation pixels, first generation polygons, (and in this case) first generation CG - does.not.age.well. This isn't like cartoons of the time (or earlier), which PCS have done in retro cel-shading style (which stands the test of time as an actual art style). The original models would likely look like a smeary mess.

And uh...how about keeping the discussion to this thread, huh? I don't see the point of reviving that other necro thread that was pretty much only arguing the merits of the license to begin with...

Here's a vid showing most of the new versus classic costumes from the reboot (Thunder's classic isn't correct - for PC reasons(?)):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGqZ...l=LifeAndDeath
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 01:37 AM   #44
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Wonder how long it will be before we see anything from this line.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:21 AM   #45
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Wonder how long it will be before we see anything from this line.......
I guess the safe answer is 2022
13 months or less
Old 11-23-2021, 03:37 AM   #46
qz33
Baron Zemo

No matter how well it turns out I just don't see the demand.

Killer Instinct does NOT have the love or even fan base of the likes of SF, MK, KoF, Tekken, heck even SoulCalibur.

Oh well I don't mind being wrong.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:36 AM   #47
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Killer Instinct does NOT have the love or even fan base of the likes of SF, MK, KoF, Tekken, heck even SoulCalibur.

+1

Killer Instinct always came across like a hodgepodge of characters in a game that borrowed heavily from Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat
I guess the game has a fan base. Admittedly my views an based solely on the original game. I never knew there was more Killer Instinct after original, not until this thread was started.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:12 AM   #48
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

What level of demand does there have to be to justify it?

I think there's enough demand to produce Fulgore, Orchid, Glacius, Spinal, Sabrewulf, maybe Thunder and Jago too. One of the other ladies may sell too, just based on sex appeal.

Of course, all depends on price point and ES. Have no idea what they need to hit here to make it work.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 06:04 AM   #49
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
What level of demand does there have to be to justify it?

I think there's enough demand to produce Fulgore, Orchid, Glacius, Spinal, Sabrewulf, maybe Thunder and Jago too. One of the other ladies may sell too, just based on sex appeal.

Of course, all depends on price point and ES. Have no idea what they need to hit here to make it work.
I grew up on Killer Instinct on the SNES (love the black cartridge!), and I?d be surprised if they make it past Fulgore and B. Orchid.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 07:51 AM   #50
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

PCS might be banking on it being a bit niche. There is hardly any merch if any at all of the IP so people who have a lot of nostalgia toward it might be interested. In the end of the day their edition sizes can be small. It just needs to be big enough to justify producing them. Might also allow for gateways to some of the guest characters.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote