Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-14-2017, 08:35 AM   #271
krec99
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Is Erick still working on this lnne ?
krec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:35 AM   #272
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by krec99 View Post
Is Erick still working on this lnne ?
Yes, he is.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #273
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Cool, I hope he can finish Storm so the pieces look consistent since I think he did all the Xmen pieces for kotobukiya.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #274
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
Cool, I hope he can finish Storm so the pieces look consistent since I think he did all the Xmen pieces for kotobukiya.
He's done all of the 1/6 Marvel Fine Arts pieces for Koto.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #275
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
It never bothered me when the animated series had her in white. It's like I never even noticed it which was kinda weird. I watched the series more than I read the comic which is why I like white costume.

Bowen pulled off a really cool white costume variant so maybe Koto can do the same thing. Make silver standard of course.
See, you'd like that it would be case where collectors could get a silver suit because it's comic accurate. Turns out, Chunkster, that all companies that ever made the Jim Lee suit have painted it white.

ALL of them. I'm not kidding. ALL. There are ZERO licensed products out there where her suit is comic accurate silver. I understand where the idea that it's "white" comes from, it was white in the cartoon. SOME collectors think that therefore, ALL of the statues need to be a white suit. They don't. And it's frankly, getting to be ridiculous. I mean, it's easier to get your hands the comics books than it is to watch the old FOX cartoon. As far as I know, that cartoon is on lockdown and not repeated on any channel.

So from your keyboard to Koto's ears that silver should be the standard. This diehard Ororo fans is STILL waiting for somebody to paint her costume silver.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #276
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QX403 View Post
Reason most Statue makers use matte colors is because it hides imperfections significantly better than gloss/metal and it's easier to apply. Quality of the paint dictates it's cost not it's coat, even more so when you just apply a gloss or matte clear sealer anyway.
That doesn't excuse Koto dropping the metallic paints they used from Psylocke to Magneto and then going with flat colors with Cyclops and on...

So my statement still stands.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #277
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Aww, cute. You've been a forum member for a whole month and you're already resorting to insults. Stay classy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
See, you'd like that it would be case where collectors could get a silver suit because it's comic accurate. Turns out, Chunkster, that all companies that ever made the Jim Lee suit have painted it white.

ALL of them. I'm not kidding. ALL. There are ZERO licensed products out there where her suit is comic accurate silver. I understand where the idea that it's "white" comes from, it was white in the cartoon. SOME collectors think that therefore, ALL of the statues need to be a white suit. They don't. And it's frankly, getting to be ridiculous. I mean, it's easier to get your hands the comics books than it is to watch the old FOX cartoon. As far as I know, that cartoon is on lockdown and not repeated on any channel.

So from your keyboard to Koto's ears that silver should be the standard. This diehard Ororo fans is STILL waiting for somebody to paint her costume silver.
Even XM's new Storm statue is white and that's like the RR of statues.

That inore list feature sure comes in handy.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #278
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
That doesn't excuse Koto dropping the metallic paints they used from Psylocke to Magneto and then going with flat colors with Cyclops and on...

So my statement still stands.
Well Psylocke was the wrong color in the first place. Her suit is Sparkly Navy blue with a baby blue sash when it should have been black and a white sash. Maybe they switched because the factory producing them couldn't get the colors correct.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:44 PM   #279
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Even XM's new Storm statue is white and that's like the RR or statues.

That inore list feature sure comes in handy.
And, yet you quoted me LOL.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:52 PM   #280
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Well Psylocke was the wrong color in the first place. Her suit is Sparkly Navy blue with a baby blue sash when it should have been black and a white sash. Maybe they switched because the factory producing them couldn't get the colors correct.
DRS Psylocke there buddy.

Quote:
Reason most Statue makers use matte colors is because it hides imperfections significantly better than gloss/metal and it's easier to apply. Quality of the paint dictates it's cost not it's coat, even more so when you just apply a gloss or matte clear sealer anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Aww, cute. You've been a forum member for a whole month and you're already resorting to insults. Stay classy.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote