Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 04-11-2016, 03:03 PM   #81
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
They have not confirmed this and I doubt they'll end this line.
I doubt they'll end the line as well, that's the whole problem.

Just looking at the situation from a pure marketing perspective. Mass Effect characters, unlike their comic book counterparts, have a very defined shelf life! They're interesting for the masses as long as the game is evolving and the character has a feature in said game (eg HALO or Metal Gear Solid).

Mass Effect (as we know it) is DEAD!!!! The characters are distant memories to many people, and now, if not very soon, there will be nothing left to market these statues against.

This is the problem with these lame ass companies, they need to plan their operations better, and get much more efficient at bringing product to sale quicker. I'm afraid the boat has been missed.

Now, with a new Mass Effect game coming out, and with fresh interest being piled onto newer characters, the final nail has been hammered into this coffin.....what a shame.

So, while Gaming heads hasn't published a notification (when does any company actually do that?) The obvious, logical, predictable outcome is there for everyone (who cares) to see!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:08 PM   #82
Tacheyon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think the deafening silence surrounding the ME line is more to the fact about their production schedule then anything.

Tali was supposed to be out by now but pushed back till June/July where Mordin was supposed to be. And heck if that was the case shouldn't we be getting notifications about them drawing payment for it now in any case?
It could be with SS, Prime1 and others ramping up their production AAA producers are asking more money then GH can offer.

There is no point in announcing new statues if you can't fill the orders of your previous ones. I do hope we see a new announcement by SDCC at the latest. If they don't then yes, I believe this line is on life support and/or dead.
Tacheyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:41 PM   #83
JSeals
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'm not willing to say that this line is over yet. I think GH got behind in production on pieces. I am just now getting the Skyrim Nightingale statue which I ordered back in August of 2014.

I have Sly Cooper still on order and that has been over a year and a half. The Bioshock Rosie statue is scheduled to ship 3Q 2016. I just don't see that happening. That would be like an 8 month turnaround from PO to delivery.

So maybe they're just doing less announcements until they get a little more caught up. I can hope. Trying to be half glass full.
JSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:20 PM   #84
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

I've asked repeatedly about it and GH repeatedly says more stuff is coming. I keep asking them when I will get my Miranda, Ashley and Jack statues.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:59 AM   #85
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeals View Post
I'm not willing to say that this line is over yet. I think GH got behind in production on pieces. I am just now getting the Skyrim Nightingale statue which I ordered back in August of 2014.

I have Sly Cooper still on order and that has been over a year and a half. The Bioshock Rosie statue is scheduled to ship 3Q 2016. I just don't see that happening. That would be like an 8 month turnaround from PO to delivery.

So maybe they're just doing less announcements until they get a little more caught up. I can hope. Trying to be half glass full.
Sly cooper has already been delivered into the wild
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #86
JSeals
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
Sly cooper has already been delivered into the wild
Yeah. Just not the Americas yet. Supposed to be later this month I believe
JSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:26 PM   #87
built2shred
Phoenix

Looking at Gaming Heads website they still have all the statues for sale. Not a good sign, you would think that at least Garrus would be sold out by now...

I'm worried there just isn't enough demand to make the Mass Effect profitable for Gaming Heads...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:27 PM   #88
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Looking at Gaming Heads website they still have all the statues for sale. Not a good sign, you would think that at least Garrus would be sold out by now...

I'm worried there just isn't enough demand to make the Mass Effect profitable for Gaming Heads...
Well, thats disappointing. Problem is sex sells and they started off with the wrong characters but that is just like my opinion, man. I bought all the ones so far in the hopes that I can make it to Miranda/Ashely/Jack but the rate they are going makes me worried.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:08 PM   #89
MrYac
Hercules

considering half of the line is the "sex" and they haven't sold out either I don't think that's the problem. Garrus is one of the greatest video game characters ever created and almost anybody I have ever spoken with about the series has him as their favorite, so he was the obvious choice.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:03 AM   #90
shadow.broker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Maybe they are keeping too many pieces to sell them through their own website?

A friend of mine is running an e-shop with collectibles and I always like to talk about the stuff happening in the background. They buy products from big distributor here in Europe and usually have to order GH statues within a month or two to be sure they will receive it when it comes out. Recently they had to inform a customer that he won't be getting his Tali statue because they received a memo from distributor they won't have another piece for them (they've ordered 2 pieces - one right away, the second one few months later). And she hasn't been even released yet. I am sure there are many customers around the world who would like to buy these statues but don't want to pay for expensive shipping from US (not to mention the tax and other fees). But LCS or e-shops simply can't get it because "it's been sold out".

I don't know. Maybe it's just their distributor's mistake. But it's a bit strange. Just thinking out loud.
shadow.broker is offline   Reply With Quote