Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-18-2021, 09:19 AM   #101
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I doubt XM Studios will rush, because SSC showed the full reveal first.
I mean, if they want to leave money on the table that's cool. We aren't talking about rushing the prototype or finished product, but they could give a tease or render. They have a silhouette on how the design and everything looks, I'm sure they have more they CAN show but are choosing not to but yes, that's speculation on my part. Knowing the new way XM are doing this, half their pieces are 3 months out and almost done production before it goes out on PO anyways...
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:54 AM   #102
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Not sure how you can say that, it's a huge rush.

Sideshows is a slam dunk day one PO for a lot of people... Myself included. I don't know if people are going to buy two of the same character back to back, especially if one is drastically better than the other. So far, we know which one that is.
What you're not figuring in is that XM is has easier accessibility for the non-NA market, while SS is more costly for the non-NA markets. It's just like XM being very costly for NA customers.

Also, you should know what version you want. Clean, classic suit design with a sleeker base? Or do you want textured suit with a more crazy styled base. Also, XM's will have swap-outs (portraits, swords, no swords). That is still TBD (but probably doubtful) for SS.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #103
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ yea, I’m in no rush. Went my last 39 years without a Nightcrawler, I can wait another couple of months. The “other” nightcrawler’s demeanor looks too calm as is. Would have to see the other portrait if there even is one.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:52 PM   #104
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

SS one looks great...simple but great.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 01:24 PM   #105
nearmint
Phoenix

Oops. Wrong thread.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 01:53 PM   #106
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
SS one looks great...simple but great.
Sometimes less is more...
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 02:19 PM   #107
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Sometimes less is more...
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:01 PM   #108
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Well, at least they are preparing future buyers with this comment on FB from Ang Seng after poster joked "SS price $650, XM $1250":

"...well if you are looking into price then I would frankly and sincerely go for the big company products..."

Based on other products, I'm going to put him in the 1350SGD range, which is 1000USD. He could be more because of licensing because I compared him to DC's Zatanna who has lots of swap out and a crazy base.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:46 PM   #109
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Well, at least they are preparing future buyers with this comment on FB from Ang Seng after poster joked "SS price $650, XM $1250":

"...well if you are looking into price then I would frankly and sincerely go for the big company products..."

Based on other products, I'm going to put him in the 1350SGD range, which is 1000USD. He could be more because of licensing because I compared him to DC's Zatanna who has lots of swap out and a crazy base.
I'm done complaining about it, instead I'm going to take Ben and Ang up on their comments and just put my money elsewhere.

Not even about the price or affordability, which for some reason they can't understand. I'll get my last pieces in and then I'm out on this company. Give my money to tweeterhead, queen, prime 1 and Sideshow instead, doesn't REALLY matter to me.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 05:09 PM   #110
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

We've already seen the silhouette. It is another super busy base full of junky looking metal bits all over the place. So, unless they've made big changes, expect something similar to Psylocke's base, but worse.

Last edited by NorthernLadMSP; 11-18-2021 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Typo
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote