Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-23-2011, 03:36 AM   #911
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
OK let me clarify simply THE JOKER has NEVER NEVER had any FLESH tone to his skin since his creation in 1940... it has always been WHITE no peeks of skin tone nada ever if hes cut bea up etc never do you see a flesh tone in the healings scabs etc..This being a piece based on the Joker from the comics should be SOLID white as the character has always been..

Also dont throw in Ledger Joker as that bastardized version has NOTHING to do with a comic based version as this one is suppose to be based on..Nor does the Nicholson either which he in fact had the bleached white skin and in the scene where he has flesh tone skin again its make up he put on top of his white skin to try and fool vicky vale.

I have read every Batman comic,strip,magazine etc that was produced from 1939 till 2005 and no where in ANY of the normal comic continuity did the Joker ever have any kind of fleshtone skin he always had SOLID white. I dont care how it might add to it in some peoples eyes.. its just plain INCORRECT for the character.. being he is in a costume that appears to be based on 70's-90's era Joker his face should be SOLID white... it's not nitpicking its based on a simple fact THE JOKERS SKIN IS... WHITE end of story .. I am not bickering or etc I am just stating plain simple FACT....

this is crazy nitpicking you can hardly notice the flesh tones
you have to dig for em

if you wanna look for a stupid reason to justify the fleshy ears:
consider that ears are thin and light can pour through them in extremely bright conditions thus the light in the area is causing it to flush out the white of the outer skin
and the inner skin color is bleeding through
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #912
ministatfreak
Doh!

I haven't bought a statue in 2 years but this piece is just too beautiful to resist.
ministatfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #913
Freon
Howling at the Moon

If there's one thing I can't stand it's mildly white painted flesh-toney ears... ARRGGHHHH. That's always been my pet peeve.
Freon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #914
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I cant be bothered to check through the 92 pages of this thread so sorry if this has already been answered already but does anyone know what that green thing is supposed to be in his pocket, im thinking its so he can squirt something from the flower on his lapel.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #915
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I cant be bothered to check through the 92 pages of this thread so sorry if this has already been answered already but does anyone know what that green thing is supposed to be in his pocket, im thinking its so he can squirt something from the flower on his lapel.
I was wondering about the same thing and I think you are right. It is for his flower thingy that squirts water/acid.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #916
ALKUSYLx
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:

I think it contains juice or some type of refreshing beverage that he can squirt in his mouth after a hard day of villainy....not sure
ALKUSYLx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #917
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Yep im pretty sure thats what is in his pocket, its so he can squirt some type of sinister substance from the flower on his jacket, thats a really nice touch.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #918
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Good eyes mate. I'm sure that's exactly what it is, and it's a very nice little touch.

Quote:

Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #919
Xenomorph79
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

This statue looks wild! And on a side not... the fleshy colored ears look great! I think they add a sence of realism to an exaggerated comic villain look. Very cool piece overall!
Xenomorph79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #920
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
it's prolly the hat he always wears
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote