Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-06-2015, 04:31 PM   #1
pwilson794
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

help with Pat Broderick

Hey since we are airing everything I figured i would ask if any one knows what is going on with Pat Broderick.

His website is down and he cancelled a con according to his facebook page.

I commissioned him in August (yes I know it was iffy but I said hey let me try)(my fault there)

I have not heard from him since October 28 saying it would be out Monday. I have attempted several times to contact him through his website and facebook and the email address with no response.

Did something happen to him? or should I just put it down as lesson learned and to not ignore warning signs?

Last edited by pwilson794; 12-07-2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: update for timeline accuracy I mistook
pwilson794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #2
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Good luck. Doesn't look like he is on other social media. He was just announced for a show:

https://twitter.com/RiverCityExpo/st...00165965201408
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #3
risingstar
Jedi Order

I remember hearing some rumblings about Broderick commissions recently. You may not be alone.

P.S. By the way, his website appears up and running. There's a contact link on the website as well.
http://www.patbroderickart.com/art-store/commissions/
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:39 PM   #4
pwilson794

thanks for the link. I must have failed at bookmarking.

And i guess just let me be clear. 3 months is nothing to wait for a commission. My issue is that he told me it would be a week when I first set it up. Several delays later... Last I heard October 28 it was going out on Monday.

The communication is my issue.

He had 2 good and one bad in the artist rating thread. So it was caveat empeor (gosh I hope that is buyer beware)

I was just saying so others can be aware and beware.

I was also wondering if something had happened.

I am fine with waits as long as communication is there. Sorry rant over

Last edited by pwilson794; 12-07-2015 at 03:18 PM. Reason: update for timeline
Old 12-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #5
pwilson794

update on this.

I got the timeline wrong. it has only been Since October 28 and not two months.

I am still frustrated but I wanted to clarify that it was not as bad as i thought.
(i found when I went back to look for details)
Old 12-07-2015, 05:22 PM   #6
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I had a similar experience with Broderick.. "fibbing" on his timeline, luckily I was able to (after several weeks of repeat requests) get a refund.

I commissioned him and ran my idea by him. He said he would start on it "the next day", so I sent my payment along. A month goes by, get in touch and he says he never received my concept despite stating he was going to "Start on it the next day" (How long was he going to sit and wait without telling me??) I run it by a second time and specifically ask if he is cool with/understands the concept, wait another month, nothing.
From here on it was basically me emailing each week trying to see if he was even interested in doing the piece and if not to refund me. Nothing for another month despite frequent Facebook posts from him.
At this point I look up every email he has listed (I found like 3, 1 from his official site, 1 from his webcomic site, another he used for his first reply with me) and send an email every week asking for a refund. Finally (the entire ordeal was about 3 or 4 months) I get a reply from someone who was not him, maybe his rep or something? Finally got my refund.

Definitely never attempting business again. I never mentioned the experience in the Rating Thread since I got a refund and it wasn't really a 'completed' commission, but there you have it.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:31 AM   #7
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

It's never about how long something takes, I can wait months, IF that's whats told to me at the start. Or communicated later down the line. It's when they don't deliver in the time agreed and then go silent.
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:09 PM   #8
pwilson794

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82 View Post
I had a similar experience with Broderick.. "fibbing" on his timeline, luckily I was able to (after several weeks of repeat requests) get a refund.

I commissioned him and ran my idea by him. He said he would start on it "the next day", so I sent my payment along. A month goes by, get in touch and he says he never received my concept despite stating he was going to "Start on it the next day" (How long was he going to sit and wait without telling me??) I run it by a second time and specifically ask if he is cool with/understands the concept, wait another month, nothing.
From here on it was basically me emailing each week trying to see if he was even interested in doing the piece and if not to refund me. Nothing for another month despite frequent Facebook posts from him.
At this point I look up every email he has listed (I found like 3, 1 from his official site, 1 from his webcomic site, another he used for his first reply with me) and send an email every week asking for a refund. Finally (the entire ordeal was about 3 or 4 months) I get a reply from someone who was not him, maybe his rep or something? Finally got my refund.

Definitely never attempting business again. I never mentioned the experience in the Rating Thread since I got a refund and it wasn't really a 'completed' commission, but there you have it.
thanks for the idea. I found another email. I will ping him and see about a refund!
Old 12-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #9
morgs
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwilson794 View Post
thanks for the idea. I found another email. I will ping him and see about a refund!
Good luck mate, check my thread 'Any suggestions please'
Ive been waiting almost 3 years
morgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:02 PM   #10
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Morgs, I've been able to assist folks with Pat before. Message me
aric is offline   Reply With Quote