Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-28-2017, 08:01 PM   #5681
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
Thanks for all the answers, Alex!
I'm going to ask you another one out of curiosity.
I've been asking a lot of times about plans to do the court of the dead Templar bust. Now you guys shared a preview picture and he is there, alongside a print. So, you heard any rumors about the bust coming out? Or maybe a statue of him?
Thanks again Alex, for everything!!
In a previous response to another poster I'd mentioned that a Bust was looking to becoming an actual product but that's changed and it's still up in the air whether it will or not. Perhaps one day.

A statue would be far more likely to occur than a Bust at this juncture but we'll see.

As for a print...it's possible (as so many other characters from the Underworld could end up with prints for them too) but in the end I don't have a yes or no answer...just that's it is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Alex, any word on a comic Loki PF?
Still don't know if there's one in the planning or not. Sorry. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
1) Alex, with the tremendous sales of the classic and Symbiote Spider-Man PFs, is it likely we'll see more versions of Spidey himself as part of the Spider-Man PF Series? There's still a lot of popular costumes out there like Future Foundation, 2099 and Scarlet Spider. Or is it more likely to be all villains from now on with Spidey done?

2) Also, a lot of fans were disappointed with the modern costume choice for the new Black Cat PF and were hoping for a classic variant. Have you heard if there's been any thought or possibility of a variant Black Cat in the classic costume, or is that impossible?
1. I really don't know at this time if the current Spider-man PF line will see more additions to it or alternates, such as a spidey in a different suit. I'm only aware of what's already been released. Given the popularity of the Spider-man verse I'd imagine there will be more of him (and possibly other characters) in the future though!

2. A variant of the recently released Black Cat in a classic costume is not in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Hey Alex. Someone mentioned it in the print thread, but figured I'd mention it here.

Any chance of a variant of the new Aquaman print with his beard and hook hand (ie. his EX look)?
No variant of that print is expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Hi Alex,

The new Gal Gadot Wonder Woman looks great. However, as a previous owner of the comic PF, I'm concerned that the exclusive shield will be a cheap-feeling hollow piece of plastic. I understand there might've been engineering concerns with a weightier switch-out hand, but I would want the shield on this upcoming piece to look and feel like something of value if it's to be my incentive to order direct from SS after a long hiatus. Would you be able to find out the material used for it?

Thanks as always!
I won't know the final material breakdown for this piece for many months since it's only just in the earlier stages of the production process. Given the position of the arm (and since it's a switch out) it would need to have a lighter material used. Hopefully I'll have the final breakdown around August or September of this year if the item remains on track to ship between November - January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetMad View Post
Wow. This is quite bizarre. Sideshow really hate Flash lol. Is there a reason why SS keep not doing him Alex considering he's a lynchpin of the JLA?
I'm not in the know as to why he's taking longer to get to. I know he's a very liked character with many here, so it's not for lack of love for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hi Alex,
Excited to hear SS is doing more Star Wars life size busts. Can you pass on a wish list to the production team?
Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead)
Tessek (Squid Head)
Ree Yees
Nien Numb
Also, some bigger busts (if possible)
Jabba the Hutt
Tauntaun

thanks!!
Considered it passed along. :-)

Thanks Alex! Can you share if the next Star Wars life size bust will be up for Pre-Order in 2017?
There's a possibility of something for 2017 but it could slip to 2018 if it has to be delayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
Alex, Do you have any knowledge or insight regarding what's going on with the Hot Toys Cosbaby lines? Sideshow hasn't posted any from BvS, Civil War, The Force Awakens, or any other line in over a year. I asked BBTS about them importing the Cosbaby lines directly, but they said they had to get them through Sideshow. Is there any hope for the Cosbaby collectors?
We're currently not carrying Hot Toys' Cosbaby items and there isn't an expectation that will change. I so want any of Beauty and the Beast ones they might release, so I'll have to be on the lookout to get them from somewhere. *fingers crossed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeeeeps View Post
I wonder if there's ever gonna be Sideshow PF of Captain Phasma that is 1/4 scale? I really want one to be released.
I'm wondering if there will ever be one too! I know I'd want one! I know she wasn't very embraced after episode VII was released but I still have hope she'll have a bigger role to play in the series and I just love her armor/design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
Just saw artist Zacharia roans artist profile video.. Sketching Batman and Robin ..New line?
Just sketches he did for his artist profile video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
what? really? oh man, the wait is killing me, lol..
so the prototype that was shown at SDCC last year had not been approved?
looked very nice to me,
my only suggestion would be rotate his right hand (force choke) to his left.
to where the palm is facing the side more and not upward,. other han that, its killah. i NEED IT!!!!!
The prototype at SDCC was of The Terminator Maquette, which is available for Pre-Order now: Terminator T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette The T2 one still has yet to be finished/released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosMadTitan View Post
Hello SSAlex, XM Studios showed us the new Storm statue today. I am curious when will Sideshow start showing us the X-Men PFs that are in the works for a while with the new movie Logan around the corner. Thanks.
X-Men pieces will not be coming in great abundance but they will trickle out over time. There is an X-Men piece expected to be done and up for order in 2017 if it remains on track though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1ob View Post
The following was posted last March:

I hope nothing has changed. I am loving this line and looking forward to She-Ra and hopefully many more. Is there any way to confirm if #5 and#6 are still in work? If so, at what stage? Thanks.
I'm only aware of She-Ra at this time. If there are others are in the works they are beyond the time line that I'm made privy to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadoom View Post
Can someone please tell me what is going on with Sideshow's customer service at the moment? I have some severe issues with Evil Lyn, but despite my several mails with pictures etc. I have not got any answer since almost two weeks. This is really not acceptable at all.
I'm so sorry you were having issues getting a response back. Was everything resolved? Please let me know if it wasn't and I'll have it looked into right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hi alex, do you know if sideshow is planning on revealing any new statues at wondercon? thanks!
Sideshow will not be in attendance at Wonder Con.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcross View Post
How long does it typically take to get an exchange? I sent the initial request to exchange my Dark Phoenix Ex last Tuesday, got a response Friday which I answered, but I have not received instructions.
It's taking up to 5 business days to get responses back to any return requests/inquiries typically. Are you still awaiting a response? If so please let me know and I can have it looked into ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfyahui View Post
Hi Alex,when is the iron man statue mark 3 coming out?,
It was teased long ago...and I need this statue!
The Iron Man teases from 2 years ago now (maybe longer actually) aren't happening. There is more Iron Man expected for the future but what suits, if they are comic or movie, etc is info I'm not in the know about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Alex,

Any chance you can comment on wether or not there will be any new "Avenger" Premium formats revealed this year?

Avengers just generally meaning common avenger team members.

Thanks
Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscocisco1000 View Post
Hi Alex. Is there any update you can say about the Hulk life size bust?
The prototype is still being created. Hopefully it will be fully done/approved within the next few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Hi Alex,

I noticed the portrait for the Julie Newmar Catwoman PF was changed to intrinsic resin. What brought on this change, and is this a technique that will be used on future PF's?
It is a method that will be used on future PFs but only where it makes sense to do so/or can be used (such as the recent Green Lantern and Catwoman pieces).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
Hello Alex,

Just a few questions about the Rogue One and TFA Premium Format lines :

Do you know when the K2SO PF will be up for preorder ?
Have you got an idea of how tall will be K2 ?

Will BB8 PF have a blue flame on the top of his thumb-up exclusive, it doesn't have one on your pictures like he has in the movie ?
And for Rey, do you know if her head will be detachable ?

Thank you for your time.
K-2S0 should be up for Pre-Order by summer or before if he remains on track. I'm not sure of his exact height but he should be pretty tall.

BB-8 will not have a sculpted blue flame on his 'thumbs-up' option.

Sorry, but I don't know the breakdown of how Rey will break apart for shipping purposes at this time. I should know when it's closer to her shipping time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Hey Alex,

for the upcoming Alex Ross prints, since they are being promoted as a set, can we expect the same Edition size number for both? Also do you know how many framed/unframed there will be
thanks!
This is something that is being explored but not 100% confirmed as happening at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBurtonUSA View Post
Hey Alex
And to add on to this question...Will there be more characters offered in this format by Alex Ross or is this strictly a Superman and Cap deal only?
Fwiw if more characters are going to be offered I would be more inclined to pick up the Superman print in the hopes of picking up a few more in the future...Cough.. Batman and WW...Cough ..
Future Alex Ross prints will more often than not be the normal 18x24 size offered. There could be unique offerings size wise (such as the Superman and Captain America ones) as but it would be few and far between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

It's clear fans really like and want Sideshow PF statues of their favorite Star Wars characters. But it seems like whether or not Sideshow can get to those various characters is sadly still a random toss up every year.

So then why doesn't Sideshow release more PF's per year to get the new character's from the newer movies out of the way so we can finally get to the older stuff fans have been asking for for years? Is it Disney limiting too many characters from being made in a year? Is it Sideshow limiting themselves from creating so many per year? Is there some form of negotiation between Disney and SS on who wants what character made, how many characters per year to be made, and/or what characters should not be made? Or Does Disney dictate and Sideshow simply follows orders?

Thanks much!
We can only produce so many collectibles in any given year as there is a work load capacity for artist(s) to create designs, sculpt, paint as well as caps for how much can realistically be manufactured in a year time frame. As such each license can only have so many characters produced in any given year. Episode VII and Rogue One took up quite a few spots in 2016/2017 but there are still OT characters in the works that should be ready to show sometime this year!

Quote:
Hi Alex,

Any chance there is an expected reveal date for thanks?
Expected reveal date for what exactly? Sorry if I missed that specific detail in another post you made. Eeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuvegeta View Post
Hi Alex, can you advise what the next marvel movie statue will be?

thanks,
I don't know, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Alex, been calling Sideshow for the past three days and nobody answers the phones. Tried all numbers/extensions and nobody answers?
I'm so sorry that you've had issues getting through via our phone system. We switched to an entirely new phone system a couple of months ago and there are issues that are still being resolved with it (especially instances in which people cannot get through to a voice mail to leave a message). These very frustrating phone issues for customers, and very understandably so, should be resolved in the next few weeks (at least that's the hope) but if you still haven't been able to get though via our phone system please feel free to email or use our live chat feature (when it's available). If you find you haven't received any response back by 5 business days after sending in an email to our Customer Service department please feel free to PM here with your customer details and I'll get back to you right away with updates regarding your communication(s). Again, so very sorry for the frustration in trying to get ahold of us via phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan_gfx View Post
Hi Alex, is there a new Iron Man LiSB in the works?
I don't know what scale any future Iron Man pieces will be at this time, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokecool View Post
Hi Alex,

In every forum there are lots of recommendations to care of the statues (i.e. direct sunlight, room temperature, air flow). I've always wondered if Sideshow has any "official" guidelines for taking care of a statue, if so can you share it with us?
We always recommend to not keep collectibles in any really high or really low temperatures, keep out of direct sunlight, do not submerge in water or get water/liquid on your pieces, and always be careful when moving any item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
HI Alex, i recently found out that you cant use more than one of those 20$ codes you receive with shipments more than once within the same "time frame". i recently had two shipments delivered and each of them came with a code, i tried to use one after using the other and i was told i couldn't..Not cool yo, not cool
As of now codes from the same batch can only have one code per batch be used per customer/account. Perhaps that will change in the future but for now it is just one per customer/account. So very sorry for any frustration that has caused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Hey Alex, do you know when the Prime 1 Venom will be up for PO?
thanks!
Hopefully very very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Hi Alex, is there a chance that we'll see a classic George Perez styled Deathstroke as a variant PF? The modern looking DS PF going up for PO soon looks good but I was truly hoping for a classic styled DS PF based off George Perez's art. I'm sure there are a lot of classic DS fans that would love to own a classic PF. SSC did it for Sabretooth so I'm hoping beyond hope that the same can be done for DS.
No variant is planned for the Deathstroke PF. Perhaps he'll be revisited in the future with a different look but I don't know whether he would be or not.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:47 PM   #5682
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Thank you for your reply Alex!
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:36 PM   #5683
SONICobra
Batman

hi alex, do you know if the portrait on the deathstroke pf will be removable? thanks!
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:07 AM   #5684
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Alex, sorry, I meant release/reveal window for thanos?
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 02:24 AM   #5685
ThanosMadTitan
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

X-Men pieces will not be coming in great abundance but they will trickle out over time. There is an X-Men piece expected to be done and up for order in 2017 if it remains on track though!
Please let him be Magneto

ThanosMadTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #5686
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Hi Alex,
thanks for all the answers.. took you surely quite some time :P

Now.. Kylo PF gets pushing back and back.. is he on schedule for March now at least?
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:21 AM   #5687
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Sideshow will not be in attendance at Wonder Con.
Wow, that's very disappointing.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:14 PM   #5688
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfyahui View Post
Thank you for your reply Alex!
Of course! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hi alex, do you know if the portrait on the deathstroke pf will be removable? thanks!
I don't know how the piece will fully breakdown at this time. I'll know more once the piece gets closer to wrapping up it's manufacturing journey. I'd wager a guess that his portrait would be removable though since a lot of the time they are for shipping purposes.

Quote:
Alex, sorry, I meant release/reveal window for thanos?
Ah...gotcha! He'll hopefully be revealed up for order this month if everything remains on track. But there's always a possibility that he'll need to be pushed back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosMadTitan View Post
Please let him be Magneto
Sorry, cannot disclose exact characters. Y'all will just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Hi Alex,
thanks for all the answers.. took you surely quite some time :P

Now.. Kylo PF gets pushing back and back.. is he on schedule for March now at least?
He's still looking to ship in March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Wow, that's very disappointing.
Sorry. :-(
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #5689
SONICobra
Batman

thanks for your time alex
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:35 PM   #5690
tulk
The Spirit

Hi Alex,

are there any 1/3 scale in work from Sideshow?

any chance for a Mad Max license?

thanks
tulk is offline   Reply With Quote