Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
MK 9 Revitalization....Scorpion Wins!!!

Hey everyone, as most of you are aware, I was so excited for the MK license, and was so excited to see Jerry start off the MK statues with the action posed, very dynamic Scorpion! All was fine and dandy until......THE REVEAL! Problems arose quite a bit on the Scorpion statue as there were quite a few that received theirs with lots of breakage and pretty shoddiness with arms not being glued on correctly, and magnets falling out, etc.

I, probably more than any other lambasted Jerry, not because I didn't like the statue, but because of the extremely shoddy and flaky styrofoam issues which by the way it is packed, it is very easy to see how many a Scorpion came damaged (especially the Ex.). I mean come on, this was my baby! MK is my baby! How could this be!

Well, this past Saturday, I said to myself, I will try to procure a MK Scorpion once again. So I mosied my way to CornerStore Comics and purchased one. As soon as I inspected the package and all its contents, outside of the crappy styrofoam, guess what.....PERFECTION!!! Well, almost perfection! The magnets are so strong that the magnet in the body part where the head attaches pulled the magnet from the head right off. It was an easy fix that took 2 minutes literally. I gorilla glued the magnet back to the socket in the head and Voila! good as new!

I started this new thread for 2 reasons. One, I wanted to show pictures of just how truly awesome this MK 9 Scorpion statue really is! Words really can not describe just how impressive it is in person! Very, very dynamic, well painted (I would have liked to see a little more yellow in the gold), and much bigger than expected. It is highly detailed and great anatomy! Secondly, I wanted to start the MK9 off with a fresh clean slate going into the 2013 year, and talk about the positives of this statue. There was far too much negativity in the old thread.

Without further ado, here are the few pics. Keep in mind, I do not have adequate area or lighting to take the best pictures, but its good enough!

Let me say in closing! The styrofoam was messy, but nowhere near the mess of the old ARH and Neca Masters of the Universe stryofoam. But it should be said, do not let this deter you from acquiring this phenomenal statue. Cornerstore Comics has inspected all of them (so I was told) and have the lowest regular price on the internet from all the places I visit! And guess what, I got 6/400. Thats right! I got a super low number and a perfect statue to boot!

I congratulate PCSC on such a wonderful statue, and I tell you now, don't hesitate to get it. Once these MK 9 statues start coming out (Kitana, Shao Kahn, Sub-Zero) it would be a crying shame to be without one of the most iconic faces of MK!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Congrats I recently also acquired an ex version Saturday through a trade, I must say I'm very impressed with it , I loved it instantly and it reassured me that my gamble on both the Klassic and MK9 line was a well placed bet to make very excited about this line, I absolutely hated scorpion packing but PCS said they did away with cheap packing
Old 12-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

great pics of a super cool statue Loric
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Got mine up also, had to buy a new shelving unit just for him, he's such a space hog in just about every direction. I love it! God willing I'll have an 18" MK9 Sub Zero to put next to him sometime in the new year.

damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
ThomasMak0524
The Spirit

Congrats to those who got mint ones. I have yet to acquire one that is not broken. Still trying to hunt down a mint one.

It was my first order from PCS, also my most anticipated piece of 2012. I remember watching comic-con 2011 videos on youtube and got so excited. I pre-ordered it from Sideshow DAY 1. It is an amazing sculpt. Everything was perfect, the pose, paint, base, detail etc. I like it so much because I played the game too. (Scorpion was my fav charcater, GET OVER HERE!) Had a lot of fun with the new game. That was an awesome summer.

Damn it when I get a mint one I will start a new thread too!
ThomasMak0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
Vracula
Jedi Order

cool! glad people are finally getting to enjoy this righteous statue.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

BORNFREE WINS!

I couldn't agree more. Shipping issues have nothing to do with the immense awesomeness of this statue!
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
Quest99
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Congrats on número UNO!

BornfreeMK!
Quest99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest99 View Post
Congrats on número UNO!

BornfreeMK!
Thanks. I got it on eBay from Jerry whilst everyone was complaining

Also, the SF in BornFreeSF stands for Statue Forum!
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Everybody's Scorpions looks weird. I only displayed the regular head for like a week and missed my skull head to much. He looks awesome and deadlier that way
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote