Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-15-2017, 04:36 PM   #351
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Everyone knows I can be critical of XM, Im not some crazy fanboy, but I honestly dont care if Optimus is going to have some of his switchouts packaged with other TFs. I dont know if its a money plan to ensure more Transformers get bought; but XM is a business that needs to sell their product. I am buying Optimus no matter what. I am not a OCD completionist that will need to have every piece of him and buy every Transformer. Starscream looks sick and Megatron will no doubt look good so will consider those.

I understand that to some people they dont like this plan, but XM gives these switchouts with Optimus

1) 2 X Right Arms; 1 holding gun pointing towards sky; 1 holding gun pointing towards front.
2) 2 X left hands; 1 hand in relaxed open palm pose; 1 hand grasping Axe
3) 1 X Rocket Pack
4) 1 X Truck Mode
5) light up matrix in chest

SSC and P1 usually give one or maybe two Exclusive pieces.

XM is giving 7 Exclusive pieces and a possible two more in latter pieces.

So for the new price which I wouldve preferred the old price. They are offering light up features, all these switchouts, a massive highly detailed and amazing painted Optimus.

If I do not get the two extra pieces, I will still consider him complete. If people think missing 2 pieces out of 9 switchouts, is somehow making them buying a regular statue not an exclusive one..then that is their problem.

I do agree I wouldnt like them to do this with the Marvel or DC license! It looks like XM is still coming up with a plan and are always open to suggestions. but to me personally it doesnt really bother me.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #352
Khufu
Mephisto

The should make the extra parts like an exclusive or something. So, 1799 for basic statue, 2199 statue + semi, 2399 statue + semi + easter eggs, or something like. Heck even make it an add-on pack you can buy the semi separately, the extra parts separately. I'm sure there is a licensing, etc... reason they don't though.

I really don't like the idea of including switch outs in other statues like a few others have stated, but I can also see the "Collect them all" thing XM is going for. However, at this price point "collect them all" applies to the 1% lol. Also, I don't think any one has mentioned the increase cost to the other statues. Say you have no interest in Optimus, but you love Jazz. Well your 1499 Jazz is now 1649 because he comes with a swap out arm for Optimus. Don't forget the added dimensional weight in shipping.

This is one of those great ideas you kick around the water cooler (or the new fancy coffee maker!!), but at some sanity and reason sinks in... we hope. I'd be willing to bet the easter egg solution is to "keep" the Optimus price point from going even futher past the original 1799 MSRP.

That being said... I'm still buying Optimus and Megatron , but that's it for the line no matter how awesome the rest of it is since my focus remains on Marvel.
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:26 PM   #353
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
Everyone knows I can be critical of XM, Im not some crazy fanboy, but I honestly dont care if Optimus is going to have some of his switchouts packaged with other TFs. I dont know if its a money plan to ensure more Transformers get bought; but XM is a business that needs to sell their product. I am buying Optimus no matter what. I am not a OCD completionist that will need to have every piece of him and buy every Transformer. Starscream looks sick and Megatron will no doubt look good so will consider those.

I understand that to some people they dont like this plan, but XM gives these switchouts with Optimus

1) 2 X Right Arms; 1 holding gun pointing towards sky; 1 holding gun pointing towards front.
2) 2 X left hands; 1 hand in relaxed open palm pose; 1 hand grasping Axe
3) 1 X Rocket Pack
4) 1 X Truck Mode
5) light up matrix in chest

SSC and P1 usually give one or maybe two Exclusive pieces.

XM is giving 7 Exclusive pieces and a possible two more in latter pieces.

So for the new price which I wouldve preferred the old price. They are offering light up features, all these switchouts, a massive highly detailed and amazing painted Optimus.

If I do not get the two extra pieces, I will still consider him complete. If people think missing 2 pieces out of 9 switchouts, is somehow making them buying a regular statue not an exclusive one..then that is their problem.

I do agree I wouldnt like them to do this with the Marvel or DC license! It looks like XM is still coming up with a plan and are always open to suggestions. but to me personally it doesnt really bother me.

Because if SSC started to include the EX parts in the box for a completely different statue I am sure you wouldn't have ANYTHING negative to say.

Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:52 PM   #354
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't know if it's just me but I'm kind of underwhelmed by the paint. The red looks flat and the 'metal' portion looks like plastic. Maybe I'm just jaded because of the hologram arm, darn it, maybe I need to see more pics. I wanted to love this and I just don't. Worst part is I got the wife to sign off the price tag to get it. Lol.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:09 PM   #355
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Because if SSC started to include the EX parts in the box for a completely different statue I am sure you wouldn't have ANYTHING negative to say.

I understand ur a SSC Fanboy and you love to pretend to care about XM products. Thats why u jump on XM threads on Forums and Facebook to try to appear as a friend but actually come to exploit a situation. It is a very endearing trait of yours

Read my post before simply stating I would bash SSC if they tried something similar. Sideshow's practice is to offer 1 Exclusive piece. IF they decided they would offer 2 exclusive pieces but the other one would come packaged with another statue..that is now considered a bonus...not a loss of an exclusive as they are still giving u an exclusive.

XM's practice is giving 7 exclusive pieces...two are bonuses in other statues. They could just say there are only 7 pieces no bonuses. BUT they are saying if u get a couple more statues u get bonus pieces for Optimus. XM spoils collectors with an excessive amount of switchouts...this will nearly hit double digits in switchouts and all I hear is
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:10 PM   #356
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post

You got that from his post? Come on now.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:12 PM   #357
ChaFoShizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
I don't know if it's just me but I'm kind of underwhelmed by the paint. The red looks flat and the 'metal' portion looks like plastic. Maybe I'm just jaded because of the hologram arm, darn it, maybe I need to see more pics. I wanted to love this and I just don't. Worst part is I got the wife to sign off the price tag to get it. Lol.
For some reason I kind of like the matte look. I almost feel if it was super glossy it would look cheaper. But the shiny look is the norm so I'm just chalking it up to the lighting. It might look quite a bit better in the full reveal.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #358
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
For some reason I kind of like the matte look. I almost feel if it was super glossy it would look cheaper. But the shiny look is the norm so I'm just chalking it up to the lighting. It might look quite a bit better in the full reveal.
You can all relax, it´s just the basic color on the pictures.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:15 PM   #359
Joel
The Herculoids

[QUOTE=T.MAC;5431510]I don't know if it's just me but I'm kind of underwhelmed by the paint. The red looks flat and the 'metal' portion looks like plastic. Maybe I'm just jaded because of the hologram arm, darn it, maybe I need to see more pics. I wanted to love this and I just don't. Worst part is I got the wife to sign off the price tag to get it. Lol.[/QUOTE

I don't dislike but also was surprised and there's a kind of familiarity about the look that's appealing. Hard to explain...

These are teaser photos and pretty bad ones at that (although any photo of this guy is still a good one at the moment!) Can't wait to see more from TCC.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:15 PM   #360
ChaFoShizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
You can all relax, it´s just the basic color on the pictures.

I'm not the one fretting over the paint. Looks good to me. So you relax .