Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-17-2018, 12:48 PM   #71
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
I am buying the regular version. I will probably just hang the mask on the wall next to him if we don't get some kind of stand for it.

I have never purchased anything directly from P1 website, do they charge more for shipping? Should I just order it through Sideshow when it is listed on there?
Shipping is $750 to the states for bother reg and ex
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #72
qz33
Doctor Doom

This seems like Sideshow's Berserker Predator to me that while it may be ridiculous in the movie as a statue piece it will command attention.

I'm glad they save open mandibles for a future bust hopefully a P1 or P2 Predator.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:47 PM   #73
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusta View Post
It´s an amazing product. Just wow!

Let´s see how the movie works out, but I´m with Python and not the biggest fan of the armor design, at least not with the chest "bras" But all might be explained in the movie. Who knows.

Anyhow, P1 nailed it again with total stunning craftsmanship. No lazy recast of so called original molds and or 3D scans.

And I hold my breath for a Jungle Hunter in same quality.
The armor is growing on me. I don't like it as much seeing the whole pred but the upper half is ok and I think the Bio is actually pretty bad ass. Im 50% in right now just wanna see the movie and if its at least decent I will bite.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #74
qz33
Doctor Doom

Is it expected for Sideshow to get this?
$750 shipping isn't gonna cut it.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:54 PM   #75
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Shipping is $750 to the states for bother reg and ex
Well I wont be paying $750 for shipping... hopefully sideshow sells this one.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:55 PM   #76
locusta
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
The armor is growing on me. I don't like it as much seeing the whole pred but the upper half is ok and I think the Bio is actually pretty bad ass. Im 50% in right now just wanna see the movie and if its at least decent I will bite.
Yeah, the Bio has it´s own thing. I´m just not digging the breasts. The pattern on the armor is too similar to all DC (Supi and Batsy) designs and rest of armor has allot of Marvel vibe to it. Nothing wrong with that, but I´m a bit bored about how movie designs start to become similar in their design language. Since the first Iron Man movie, most armor design became a bit repetitive and the style interchangeable.

Might be our time and how design is received by the audience, and of course the original movies like Predator and for example Robocop had their design set in the 80´s and therefore a reason for their look.

Anyhow, let´s give the movie a chance as most likely Freagging Disney (*puke in mouth*) might tin that franchise as they will do with the NOT-FAMILY-FRIENDLY Xenos.
locusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #77
qz33
Doctor Doom

I hate that Prime1's first experience with selling a life size bust has to be from this particular movie. There's a lot riding on the movie and therefore reception of this thing could easily go south and spook them off from 1:1 busts altogether.

Prime1 has a ton of licenses I would love lifesize busts from including non realistic styles.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #78
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I was actually interested in this until I saw the uk price of £1830 (for the regular!) how the feck does $1600 (or £1255) move to £1830??
Oh well money saved.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #79
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I hate that Prime1's first experience with selling a life size bust has to be from this particular movie. There's a lot riding on the movie and therefore reception of this thing could easily go south and spook them off from 1:1 busts altogether.

Prime1 has a ton of licenses I would love lifesize busts from including non realistic styles.
This is their second life size bust. The first was the Alien from Independence Day Resurgence

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...studio-902858/
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #80
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I don't give a hoot about this movie if it's bad it's bad and that should not reflect on this bust
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote