Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-30-2017, 12:52 AM   #181
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
if nothing else, an unmasked portrait? in the end, just glad to finally have her on the way.
Again an unmasked portrait makes zero sense as there is no reference material to base it off of.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:25 AM   #182
MaxGoof
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
It looks okay but I'm glad that it isn't great (absolutely hate the flat paint work on this one (although the prototype shading looks great); Wasn't Captain Phasma's armor CHROME in the movie? I'm sure they will have several reasons why they couldn't make it chrome on the PF.

I'll wait for a version that includes the unmasked portrait if her face is revealed in the next movie...depending on what look they give her.
I think Alex said the armor on the final statue was going to be chromed, right? Or am I misremembering?
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:45 AM   #183
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
I think Alex said the armor on the final statue was going to be chromed, right? Or am I misremembering?
I think that one of the SDCC video tours had mention of some type of chrome effect but that it wouldn't be full chrome for some reason so you are probably right. If this one ends up being chromed (and not just shiny plastic as sometimes happens) after all, I will definitely look at it as an option but still think it looks weak overall at the moment.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:38 AM   #184
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
I think that one of the SDCC video tours had mention of some type of chrome effect but that it wouldn't be full chrome for some reason so you are probably right. If this one ends up being chromed (and not just shiny plastic as sometimes happens) after all, I will definitely look at it as an option but still think it looks weak overall at the moment.
I could be wrong but I seriously doubt SS will spend the extra cost of chroming the armor, odds are it will probably be plastic. If it is sculpted armor then they will probably just paint it silver.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:16 AM   #185
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I could be wrong but I seriously doubt SS will spend the extra cost of chroming the armor, odds are it will probably be plastic. If it is sculpted armor then they will probably just paint it silver.
SSAlex said Chromed.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:21 AM   #186
SONICobra
Batman

when it applies to statues like these, chrome finish is just fancy paint
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:31 AM   #187
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

It doesn't look chrome to me...
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:42 AM   #188
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Again an unmasked portrait makes zero sense as there is no reference material to base it off of.
I was reading a rumor that Phasma will remain masked during all of TLJ. Most assumed she would remove her helmet after seeing the pics from the Vanity Fair shoot, but the unconfirmed rumor is she won't show her face. I guess if they ever do another Phasma PF it will be with her holding the spear she apparently carries in TLJ.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:52 AM   #189
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I actually hope we never see her remove the helmet. It just isn't necessary IMO.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:01 PM   #190
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I actually hope we never see her remove the helmet. It just isn't necessary IMO.
I agree. I think helmeted characters should not be played by big stars, that way there is no need to show their face onscreen. The best example of how to do a helmeted character on film, who is the main character BTW, is Judge Dredd in the Dredd film from a couple of years ago. Never took the helmet off onscreen, and he was played by Karl Urban, who is not an unknown actor.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote