Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-15-2016, 09:23 PM   #471
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1203 View Post
Dont know if tgis was asked but will his eyes light up?
Not sure. Red light up will be cool, maybe for the ex.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:27 PM   #472
DarkMario616
Kindly Asked To Leave

Well I'll be damned. He actually has the muscle separation in mk2...okay I'm fine with it now
DarkMario616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 02:54 AM   #473
Ash
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
This must be one of the dumbest comments I have ever seen. You are pretty sure a fictional character is not on juice???? Whether he is or not he is huge and has muscles on top of muscles. You don't need to be on juice to have pectoral separation like that regardless. You personally don't like it and are pleading with Jerry to "fix" it because you think it doesn't make sense anatomy wise yet there are many photos to prove otherwise.

The Line of separation looks horrible on the Shao statue. You say there are pics here to prove otherwise, but all the bodybuilder pics that were posted have the separation in a flex pose. Flexing like those pics will show the separation more, but when not flexing the separation wont be as defined. The pose that Shao has with this statue is not flexing like a bodybuilder and is more relaxed. He has a good build and not having the separation will just look better. Show me pics of a bodybuilder not flexing and see if the separation is that defined. Shao is not a bodybuilder and is just very muscular that yes could have a separation, but he will still be buff without the line of separation. Art should look good and that line there does not. Shao is a made up character and does not need to be as real as a bodybuilder. Some bodybuilders in real life dont look good either, but the fact is that this is a fictional character that should look good being that its a statue. Shao still has realism without the line. The statue is looking great, but my opinion like others like a more symmetrical look indtead of having one side of his chest with this horrible line separation! The artist makes these statues for us the fans and we pay well for them, so if we can give the artist our opinions during production in the end more fans can be happy when they incorporate our feedback. This is a business and with having an artist create a piece to his liking, the business still wants to make fans happy is the reason they do take suggestions. Some collectors dont mind the line and some collectors do. Then there are collectors that will defend these statues almost as if they are the artist themselves. Its ok to have criticism on a piece when something might look bad to someone and others feel that way as well. Keep the crap line separation on real bodybuilders and leave this statue without it!
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:56 AM   #474
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

I have to agree, that muscle seperation just looks plain stupid. It happens when a bodybuilder flexes but on a statue it looks more like a mistake in production than a reality pose. I mean so many pieces have over exagerated elbow muscles compared to their biceps or the klassic pieces where I cant even count how many muscle groups there are, literally like 3 triceps etc and now we are going for realism where that crease looks like somebody ----ed up while sculpting.

I mean comon, he has abs above his abs lol, what realism are you ppl talking about. Keep it simple.
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:31 AM   #475
SuperJ300
Zot

Looks good to me!

SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #476
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Its equal yes, but when only one peck has the line it just looks wierd.
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:20 AM   #477
DarkMario616
Kindly Asked To Leave

Plus it's more obvious in Shao kahn sculpt. It's bigger and deeper.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:23 PM   #478
Ash
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedlNl View Post
Its equal yes, but when only one peck has the line it just looks wierd.

I agree, it looks weird on one peck.. The line needs to be removed and Shao will look much better.. That Akuma pic is more equal with his definition, but the Shao with a line on one peck looks bad!
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:34 AM   #479
SuperJ300
Zot

It's almost done!!!

SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:00 AM   #480
DarkMario616
Kindly Asked To Leave

So... No switch out arms for arms on hip pose but it looks like we get a beheaded pose?

Meh. Dunno what that second head is for.