Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-28-2016, 05:47 PM   #1391
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Thanks for doing the rough comp, GT. Good selection of Batman rogues.

Thank you. Batman PF is already too large compared to all the other DC PFs. To make Bane much larger than him pushes it to Doomsday/Darkseid levels.

IMO I think this is a more reasonable comparison.

Gomur. Looks like you and Josh-a-Tron guesstimated the size right. If I had a prize I'd give you one.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #1392
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I'm having a really hard time with this one. He is expensive and my Canadian dollar makes him even more pricey. I don't own ANY DC characters.... BUT... I have a vision of in my collection having just a small Batman "corner" with the perfect Batman raised and just below him slightly to either side is the perfect Bane and Joker. Those are the characters I care most about from those comics and in my opinion, this is as good of a Bane as there ever will be. So I am considering biting the bullet and in a couple years time I will thank myself for doing so. Just so much money right now.
Just don't buy two other pieces you like but don't love. If you love Bane then make the plunge.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:54 PM   #1393
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

And... preordered. Kinda giddy about this.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:15 PM   #1394
AC_808
Hercules

Damn ...I want to PO as well. But I still need to wait ...just a few more days.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:01 PM   #1395
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well not that it's of huge interest to anyone, but I've officially made the official decision to pass on this one. With my current situation, best case scenario I have a random Bane statue (I only collect Marvel) that I display but looks out of place because I'm a little OCD with my collection. Worst case I buy him and leave him boxed for a couple years until my Batman vision can be realized. I figure the Batman area is so far off I should just wait on it. Like I said, it may not be for a few years and hopefully at that point I'm making a little more money. So if I end up paying another $100 over retail it shouldn't be that huge of a deal.

So onto Thanos.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:12 PM   #1396
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Well not that it's of huge interest to anyone, but I've officially made the official decision to pass on this one. With my current situation, best case scenario I have a random Bane statue (I only collect Marvel) that I display but looks out of place because I'm a little OCD with my collection. Worst case I buy him and leave him boxed for a couple years until my Batman vision can be realized. I figure the Batman area is so far off I should just wait on it. Like I said, it may not be for a few years and hopefully at that point I'm making a little more money. So if I end up paying another $100 over retail it shouldn't be that huge of a deal.

So onto Thanos.
I understand. I'm very picky with my statues. Bane looks great but I still can't decide on if I want to get the Batman PF. I'm not a huge fan of the Batman Black version because of the head sculpts and his size. I'm pretty OCD myself.

I'm debating on picking up a Modern Batman to display with Bane though I'm afraid I'm not going to like how big he is compared to Bane.

Does anyone have a rough photoshop size comparison of Bane vs Batman? I'm not sure I trust the pics on the Sideshow page.

Is Bane's height the top of the venom tube? If so, Batman is going to tower over him...sigh.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:20 PM   #1397
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
For anyone interested, here's Bane and Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
I understand. I'm very picky with my statues. Bane looks great but I still can't decide on if I want to get the Batman PF. I'm not a huge fan of the Batman Black version because of the head sculpts and his size. I'm pretty OCD myself.

I'm debating on picking up a Modern Batman to display with Bane though I'm afraid I'm not going to like how big he is compared to Bane.

Does anyone have a rough photoshop size comparison of Bane vs Batman? I'm not sure I trust the pics on the Sideshow page.

Is Bane's height the top of the venom tube? If so, Batman is going to tower over him...sigh.
This is something I did some pages back based on the table top option from Sideshow's website.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:25 PM   #1398
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post

Take a look at the image I posted above. It's fairly close. Batman will tower over everyone because it's a 25.5" tall statue. That doesn't mean that Bane is not in scale. He's just positioned lower than Batman.

Additionally, everyone that saw him at NYCC said he's massive, so I'm not worried about size issues.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:27 PM   #1399
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

Thanks! I've been following this thread for awhile, must of missed this.

I guess I'll be getting a Modern Batman PF.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:28 PM   #1400
adee
Green Arrow

I wish the DC heroes pedestals were two inches shorter. I like the idea behind it but those two inches would have done wonders for my display space.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote