Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-10-2020, 06:50 PM   #3621
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZatStackz View Post
I ordered mine a couple months back and I am waiting on my third replacement for Rogue.

...On the second, the saw arm key only would go halfway into the base...
I would never return/replace an otherwise good statue if only the peg/key/rod is problem (not flush).
Replacement is 8 out 10 times worse.

You can easily sand down the peg or hole (coarse paper or small file) or shorten rod a bit (saw or file).
Most of time it is only some small residue in the hole (scrape it out with file).
Paint peg/key or hole black afterwards and your done.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:58 PM   #3622
ZatStackz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Yeah, I don't want to settle. I called Sideshow directly and request the Exchange. Please keep you fingers cross for me Zatstackz and I'll do the same for you with your next replacement.
Thanks. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I would never return/replace an otherwise good statue if only the peg/key/rod is problem (not flush).
Replacement is 8 out 10 times worse.

You can easily sand down the peg or hole (coarse paper or small file) or shorten rod a bit (saw or file).
Most of time it is only some small residue in the hole (scrape it out with file).
Paint peg/key or hole black afterwards and your done.
I tried scraping the hole a bit, but wasn't comfortable sanding down the key. Would probably be willing to try that the next time. I just started collecting this year and its been a learning experience. I started with Wolverine and also picked up Gambit around the same time as Rogue and that one had no problems. Kinda wish I had waited for the black friday sale. Oh well. The collection is growing
ZatStackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:14 PM   #3623
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Yeah, I don't want to settle. I called Sideshow directly and request the Exchange. Please keep you fingers cross for me Zatstackz and I'll do the same for you with your next replacement.
Fingers crossed. And I agree on not settling. Too expensive with too many other great statues you could get instead. Unless Rogue is your be-all-end-all fave character, then it becomes more of a debate.

Which is why I own the XM Storm even though I hate the suit choice
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:07 PM   #3624
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Fingers crossed. And I agree on not settling. Too expensive with too many other great statues you could get instead. Unless Rogue is your be-all-end-all fave character, then it becomes more of a debate.

Which is why I own the XM Storm even though I hate the suit choice
Rogue Maquette is a statue I never thought I would ever buy considering how expensive it is.

I can live without the exclusive, I got a great deal on the collector edition, which is still amazing.

I appreciate all support here about exchanging.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 03:25 AM   #3625
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Not to derail, but was wondering if SS made you return your defective items? I’ve never had an issue with a piece that made me complain until recently. I received my PCS Spider-Man Advanced suit and had a discoloration on his arm. Long story short, they had me mark out the edition number, and told me to keep it. Is that normal practice? I feel a little guilty for such a minor issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F47EA0CB-67DC-4A67-A28B-BF55776A7099.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	135255
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:32 AM   #3626
Peedi
The Secret Six

Wow all of y’all are truly blessed. A third replacement for Rogue? When I get bad parts from SS and the replacement is also not good, SS gives up on me right then and there. Last year my Rogue saw arrived broken, they sent a replacement that didn’t fit the base, then said they had no more replacements (clearly a lie if they’re still sending replacements) so I could take a credit or send it back. I wasn’t giving up my Ex so I figured my own way out of the situation... and now I have an amazing Rogue Ex , lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:34 AM   #3627
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
Not to derail, but was wondering if SS made you return you defective items? I’ve never had an issue with a piece that made me complain until recently. I received my PCS advanced Spider-Man suit and had a discoloration on his arm. Long story short, they had me mark out the edition number, and told me to keep it. Is that normal practice? I feel a little guilty for such a minor issue.

Attachment 135255
Are you saying they’re sending a replacement Spider-Man and you keep the original? My Spider-Man also has an issue (surprise, surprise ). There’s a paint hair stuck in the paint on the white spider symbol. They wouldn’t replace mine and offered a credit.

Also confused because your body has a pint issue, they told you mark out the ES number, but the ES number is on the base, not the figure. You’re getting a full replacement?
Old 12-11-2020, 09:03 AM   #3628
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ correct, full replacement. “Destroy” the one currently in my possession. They had me mark out the edition number on the base and submit pictures...

Click image for larger version

Name:	0EBA9BC4-E782-460C-AB86-0D896C9C98D6.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	135256
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #3629
Peedi
The Secret Six

True. That’s a larger spot. Mine is just a paint brush hair that came off and is now bonded in the paint.

I can slide that one. But seeing Zat get a replacement for Rogue’s base arm when Sideshow wouldn’t do that for me, and lied about having replacements, is just wrong. As much as I love SS’s sculpts their service had been hit or miss with me. BUT I made it work out anyway.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:57 PM   #3630
Spaceman81
Doh!

The exclusive was up for purchase again earlier

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...87?var=3006871
Spaceman81 is offline   Reply With Quote