Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-02-2020, 08:01 AM   #11
vinnnie
Luke Cage

'Pop Culture Shock you still owe me money!'

'Pop Culture Shock? Nah we are no Pop Culture Shock. We are Premium Collectibles Studio! You got the wrong company buddy'

Clever guys
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:03 AM   #12
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I really like the logo, i think it's good for company to have something recognisable outside of the name...

I can see it printed on the bases, embossed on the styrofoam etc

I think they want an identity that isn't what PCS was and the lion achieves it imo.
As long as it was the underside of the base. That would actually turn me off from a statue if it was on top.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:55 PM   #13
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post

'Pop Culture Shock? Nah we are no Pop Culture Shock. We are Premium Collectibles Studio! You got the wrong company buddy'

Clever guys
A scary but logical worry for some.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:48 PM   #14
ukshaun
Hercules

Wasn't there some, possibly still ongoing legal action between the previous owner and current owners. Stuff that probably cannot be spoken about assuming it is still ongoing.

Maybe the name change means the new owners can get on with business, while lumping any outstanding issues with the previous owner. But what do i know?

I think we all know, naughty Jerry failed to hang-around and continue in his role as an art director. Didn't Jerry also fail to had over the prototype of one of the characters from Mortal Kombat (the piece was on show at an event).
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:58 PM   #15
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I look forward to seeing more of the new direction. Still pissed they killed the 1/4 G.I. Joe line.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:33 PM   #16
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I’m definitely looking forward to more stuff from them. Love the transformers lines also bought some 1/8 joes but have to wait to see how good those are. Hoping they do 1/8 MOTU as well.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:39 PM   #17
extracomputer.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post

Clever guys
That doesn’t seam quite fair as from what I was aware of the people that were still owed money were getting it and mostly if not completely had gotten it. Possibly even from sideshow if I remember right (could be wrong on this). I couldn’t imagine buying a company and getting screwed like they did. That would have ended most companies. From the statues I have just gotten I am glad they stuck it out.
Do feel for those that got screwed by previous guy even if it has been made right by current owners. the stress and frustration they had to of dealt with would have been incredibly high.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:59 PM   #18
ukshaun
Hercules

I am not sure what to make of the name:
Premium Collectibles Studio

It feels like a group of words thought as such so as to hold onto the name PCS

How about Pop Culture Statues
..or Pop Culture Studio/Studios
..or Pretty Cool Stuff (this would cover all bases )
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:02 PM   #19
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I am not sure what to make of the name:
Premium Collectibles Studio

It feels like a group of words thought as such so as to hold onto the name PCS

How about Pop Culture Statues
..or Pop Culture Studio/Studios
..or Pretty Cool Stuff (this would cover all bases )
Purple Cheese Sucks
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:03 PM   #20
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Wasn't there some, possibly still ongoing legal action between the previous owner and current owners. Stuff that probably cannot be spoken about assuming it is still ongoing.

Maybe the name change means the new owners can get on with business, while lumping any outstanding issues with the previous owner. But what do i know?

I think we all know, naughty Jerry failed to hang-around and continue in his role as an art director. Didn't Jerry also fail to had over the prototype of one of the characters from Mortal Kombat (the piece was on show at an event).
Yes there is supposedly a lawsuit though I'm not sure we've actually seen any evidence about it.

And yes the Kahn on Throne piece was supposedly the one that he's holding onto. Also I believe part of the lawsuit.

I know some people said that maybe that didn't happen and they just didn't get enough sales but it doesn't make any sense because at the exact same time they cancelled two other pieces for lack luster sales as the stated reason (Raiden and Bison bust).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote