Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-20-2023, 09:38 AM   #21
SONICobra
Batman

Ah I didn’t realize they were using the same sculpt for both statues. They were using the pic above to tease the 1/4 scale and yeah it’s not very good
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 07:43 PM   #22
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Finally the beginning!

On Inside Iron Studios day today, they showed off the 1/10 finally. Couple pros and couple cons in my opinion. Cons might be too much to overcome but I have to see the other pieces to decide I guess.

2 versions like everything else. Deluxe and regular versions.

Deluxe is $415, similar to the newer Venom Deluxe piece. A bit pricey. Doesn't come with 3 heads as originally shown in the concept art. Looks like they decided on just 2 heads, but atleast you have options. 1 grinning face, and 1 stoic face. No arm swap out.

I do like the closed mouth portrait better than the grinning face, but I worry that overall the heads are way too small compared to Thanos body. I mean look at the size of the gauntlet. It looks like it's 4 times the size of his head. It should be enlarged a bit to match his body. But I wonder if that's the art direction of the diorama they are going for?
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 07:48 PM   #23
Infinite GLORY

Regular version is $260, comes with both heads still which is a nice feature, but the base is much simpler. No lady death or other details on the deluxe.

I'm sure the gold and blue colors on the suit are really gonna look real nice in person when this is done.

I wanna be fully in on this line, especially since there will be up to 17 additional characters in this line, so I'm gonna get the deluxe on this. Deluxe is much nicer with this I think.
Old 07-28-2023, 07:55 PM   #24
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Price isn't totally outrageous given the figure is close to the height of a 1/7 scale figure, and at the same time his girth is of a much larger standard figure.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 01:19 PM   #25
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Iron Studios 1/10 used to mean classic comic character designs but they seem to be moving away from that these days. Hope they don't add this much to Doom's design.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 05:23 PM   #26
Infinite GLORY

Yea definitely more “modern” takes on classic costumes with textures and what not. I would assume the rest of the line would follow in the same way. So I guess we will see. Atleast it’s not crazy over the top like XM seems to do with adding details and textures.
Old 07-30-2023, 01:07 PM   #27
deadpool911
Frackin!

To me this doesnt look as bad as the 1/4 version. Its still not as good as i hoped it would be but its not bad either. Im going to wait and see what some of the other pieces look like before i invest in this line, i find it odd that they didnt show this with a few pieces to give an idea of the direction they are going with.
deadpool911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 09:57 AM   #28
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool911 View Post
To me this doesnt look as bad as the 1/4 version. Its still not as good as i hoped it would be but its not bad either. Im going to wait and see what some of the other pieces look like before i invest in this line, i find it odd that they didnt show this with a few pieces to give an idea of the direction they are going with.
I agree. With the X-Men line I believe they dove right in showing off all 3 Sentinel pieces up front with the original proximity pieces? I could be wrong there but I know they atleast showed off alot at the start to get people excited and invested in that first Sentinel #1 diorama.

Atleast this was released as "Avengers x Thanos" which means this is still planned as a big diorama vs. them scrapping those plans and just releasing Thanos as a standalone piece. I guess they still could do that if they wanted but I don't think they would. These pieces will sell quite well I'd think. Especially with first in the line like Doom, Silver Surfer, Nova, Namor. Heck all of the "planned" pieces have potential except for Terraxia I'd say. Not sure how well that one will sell.
Old 07-31-2023, 03:46 PM   #29
Peedi
The Secret Six

So this is “Avengers vs Thanos” likely for marketing purposes.

But in reality this is very specifically “Infinity Gauntlet” #3 & 4. It’s the survivors of the snap (most of who weren’t or had never been Avengers at that point) vs Thanos.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 05:21 AM   #30
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
So this is ?Avengers vs Thanos? likely for marketing purposes.

But in reality this is very specifically ?Infinity Gauntlet? #3 & 4. It?s the survivors of the snap (most of who weren?t or had never been Avengers at that point) vs Thanos.

Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote