Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-28-2016, 06:09 PM   #101
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The same people that blow the horn on how great and wonderful XM is are also the same people that critique and ask for changes to their products as well. What you see on the forum is only skin deep. They get lots of honest and sometimes cutting critiques of their statues....and I am one of them that isn't afraid to express something I think should be changed for whatever reasons (Witchblade color, Elektra pose, Ms. Marvel emotionless head sculpts, Ghost Rider chain color, etc. etc. etc.).

Its funny that some make comments about the middleman issues. Isn't that what SS is for a lot of the companies that sell product? Not saying that's bad....it's great that SS is willing to distribute for the smaller companies. I am happy that more are willing to see and acquire art on a worldwide scale and SS helps in that regard. Bravo for that!

It sounds more like people have issues paying exorbitant shipping fees than the middleman (which is fully understandable). Should be blaming the cost of the shipping companies (Fed Ex., UPS,) and any taxes, tariffs, and other federal fees imposed by said governments, states, etc.
Wow spot on imo. Thanks now I don't need to type.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 06:13 PM   #102
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'll consider it if it's 500 or less and has a light up lightsaber. If not it's a pass. Any COH, hooded cloak, swap outs I'll take as bonuses but won't affect my decision. Kylo, with a hopefully TFA only product price bump, had nothing and was simple in terms of design and execution and it was freaking almost 600.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #103
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeek View Post
I'll consider it if it's 500 or less and has a light up lightsaber. If not it's a pass. Any COH, hooded cloak, swap outs I'll take as bonuses but won't affect my decision. Kylo, with a hopefully TFA only product price bump, had nothing and was simple in terms of design and execution and it was freaking almost 600.
Same here.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:46 PM   #104
Y3E
Gen 13

Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:55 AM   #105
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

We should really create a section for XM that way we can talk about them there.....
Old 05-29-2016, 01:13 AM   #106
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I'd love for Sideshow to surprise me with a cloak, COH, and maybe a couple hand options but I have a feeling none of those are included. The last statue from Sideshow that I got with a couple different heads and hands was Lobo, and I bet Maul comes with less, is smaller, and is around the same price as he was. Best we can hope for is one change of hand if Kylo Ren is anything to go by.
You didn't get Spider-man?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 01:13 AM   #107
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
We should really create a section for XM that way we can talk about them there.....
Heh, what is this sense you speak?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:09 AM   #108
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You didn't get Spider-man?
No, I didn't. If Sideshow does for Maul what they did for Spider-man in terms of change outs and at that price I'll PO him Day 1. I'd love for Sideshow to surprise me, but I'm expecting a bare bones release for over $500.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 10:12 AM   #109
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I'm on board for this ! I would love some extras but a museum Darth Maul that goes with my other PF's will be one of my favorite pieces.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:24 AM   #110
Khufu
Mephisto

I'm late to the Star Wars PF game, but I'm trying to collect villains. I have the newer Boba Fett, the new Vader on PO, Kylo (used reward pts to get him for $300), and now I'm hoping to add Darth Maul. I just hope they don't go overboard on the price. I wanted to get the First Order Stormtrooper, but I just couldn't justify the price consider the generic pose, etc...

I'll probably get Maul regardless of price, but it doesn't mean I have to like the price lol. I'd love a switch out portrait - one with the stare and one with a snarl. A light-up saber is almost necessary, but its SS... so all bets are off.
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote