Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #21
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
I'm starting to do Hulk & Caiera commissions vs. whomever.. but Caiera's the aggressor and Hulk's just.. helping to facilitate said aggression.

You'll see what I mean soon enough.

But yeah.. Planet Hulk was such a great storyline.. and leads to so many "what if" commissions..

Thanos is one of my favorite characters in comics, so how awesome was it that Norrin was in Planet Hulk, also?

I want to eventually do a commission of the Hulk simply imbedding a chunk of Sakaar here on Earth, or sitting by a piece of Sakaar that's clearly different from the surrounding earth around it.. as in he's brought it here from Sakaar since Caiera's essence is a part of it, and she can resume her earthen form because of it. Caiera would be there as well, but you could see that she's made of earth/granite/etc to some degree.. maybe with cracks running up her legs and calves.

Just a thoughtful piece of the Hulk sitting, talking to his wife.
I thought you didn't like Jarella?

Yeah, I've actually put this forward to an artist I'm hoping to commission... he's been a bit busy so communication stalled but hopefully I'm on his list. After all these Rage and Smash pieces, I kinda wanted one with a peaceful Hulk and Betty (pre Red She Hulk). We'll see if it comes to fruition.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #22
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

He was married to Caiera for like.. a day.

I really need to read that Jarella storyline.

Betty's a good swap, as well.. though I think my first huge experience with Betty was the issue of her "death" to cancer.

Poignant issue, if I remember correctly... sucks that she's alive again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
I thought you didn't like Jarella?

Yeah, I've actually put this forward to an artist I'm hoping to commission... he's been a bit busy so communication stalled but hopefully I'm on his list. After all these Rage and Smash pieces, I kinda wanted one with a peaceful Hulk and Better (pre Red She Hulk). We'll see if it comes to fruition.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #23
Rocket
Art of Mod

Marvel
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:16 AM   #24
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My only true "theme" that I have is, "Happily Ever After", based on the final splash page of the seminal Born Again arc by Miller/Mazzuchelli oh so many years ago in Daredevil. Always was one of my favorite stories, and I like getting artists that are inspired to do ill-fated couples grabbing a rare smiley moment...only have three right now, and will be surprised if I add more than two or three a year, as I'm being pretty picky about artist and characters, but I'm pretty happy so far.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=78324

Otherwise, I like to get Elektra pieces and commissions of this guy...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=47803
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #25
BoloMusashi
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
No real theme for me. I just try to match a character to the artist. You know, some artists draw big guys well, some draw chicks well, etc...
I try and do the same. I don't have much at the moment, but I am hoping to have separate themed portfolios down the track.
BoloMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:23 AM   #26
scorpdlm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

mine

I have a Joker sketchbook that is my pride and joy that is only 20 pages from completion and features 3 of the Joker masters Robinson, Timm, and Bolland. I also started a new Harley Quinn book to match the Joker one. Other than that I have a Minutemen book from 100 Bullets, a movie characters book, and I just started a book of comic characters that are press since I was a broadcast major. Oh and I get a Daredevil every con I attend
scorpdlm is offline   Reply With Quote