Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #11
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox
Quote of the year!

I dare you to go to rebelscum with that.
Just speaking the truth... and no... at Rebelscum they would track down my address and phone number and then they would lynch me in public infront of George Lucas's house... and then when the police came to arrest them they would claim I made them do it... I forced them into the life of crime with my flipping ways...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #12
lockford88
The Riddler

God I hat ethat site.........99% of those guys are complete tools...I am famous there though...they mention me at least 3 times a week...kinda flattered.....
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #13
JSA
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Wink

famous............or INfamous?

JS
JSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #14
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockford88
God I hat ethat site.........99% of those guys are complete tools...I am famous there though...they mention me at least 3 times a week...kinda flattered.....

They do love to hate you over there.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #15
Synergy
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
they just need to get a life........ you must have peeved them off though what ever you did
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #16
imashyboi
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Let me ask you guys this, would you rather go online and TRY to get one of these exclusives or wait/camp out for 6+ hrs for 1 piece? I would prefer to just sit at home and try my luck out on this either than waiting outside for a piece of collectible which they will sell to us for $65. There is no way to satisfy the thousands of Star Wars collectors in the world so they did their best by providing them online. I do agree they could have fixed the server so it wouldn't crash but either than that everything else was all good. If you are in the game of collectibles you already know how big the market is with this, it shouldn't be a surprise that everyone is trying to grab as many as they could because they know how much they sell for on eBay. I don't understand why collectors feel so bitter by not getting this exclusive, it's not like GG or SS will ever stop coming out with exclusives, so bite your tongue and stop whinnying. You guys are starting to sound like real kids by not getting this exclusive.

Regarding edition size, I think this is a double edge sword. I know people might disagree with me about this but I think deep down inside everyone wants that unique bust or statue that no one else have. Notice now a days everything is limited, why? Because everyone is trying to get in the limited edition tip. Companies figured out that to get higher sales and to boost the name out to the public it is better to produce limited quantiies of products instead of making thousands of them. I thought this only worked for collectibles but now a days everything is like a collectible. Even a pair of denims are limited for some companies, and that goes same with hoodies and t-shirts.

All I'm saying is it shouldn't be a problem if you can't get an exclusive regardless if its limited to 50 or 100. Companies now a days will always make limited edition items and all we(Collectors & Reseller) have to do is try our best to get it. Part of this entire fiasco is that GG never fixed their servers which got tons of people mad, that's basically the bottom line of this entire story.
imashyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:04 PM   #17
imashyboi
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Resellers is just part of the business. If you can't stand a reseller because he got lucky and you didn't, then get out of the game. Resellers has been part of the business since day one so I don't understand why people still complains about it. I am sick of hearing so called true collectors hating on resellers because they couldn't get a piece of the pie. Man, get over it! Resellers are one of the many people who makes collectibles and their value the way it is in the secondary market. Collectors make the products popular and in demand while resellers boost up the prices in the secondary market. I bet if you had all the exclusive and saw how much they went for in the secondary market your smile will be from ear to ear.
imashyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #18
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Problem is, GG's problems created an uneven/random playing field. Imagine there are three lines at a convention cued up to buy this or that, and three registers -- A, B, C. Well, register A stops working. So that line stops selling altogether and everyone in this line is out of luck. Then they say, "okay let's try to merge the the folks who were in line A into lines B&C." Which ticks off the folks who were in those lines because some of 'em get pushed back. Then register C gives out. reject some sales. Reshuffle everthing into one line. Then register A comes back on line. Some lucky folks hop over there and they're able to get their widget "hey, that was easy". Chaos continues to ensue. Registers go down and come back up. Spit back credit card numbers. Freeze. Etc. Kinda like that.

I know there is no perfect way. But there is a better way than the way they were doing it. Sideshow certainly has a better way. It's one thing to get through and say, "oh that wasn't so bad, what's everybody complaining about" it's another thing to get through, go through all the screens at a snails pace and then have a credit card with a $50K limit bounce back because it says your address doesn't match up.

Plus I'd have less of a problem paying a guy who stood in line at a convention (he paid the airfare, hotel, entrance fee, stood in line, etc.) than the folks who clog up the phone lines and crash servers looking for a quick flip on ebay.

Anyway, I don't think GG is saying they aren't gonna sell exclusives online. I think they're saying they are gonna work on coming up with a better process.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #19
lockford88
The Riddler

MONSTER....Ha..I was mentioned yet AGAIN in the Cancellation thread.......amazing......
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:12 PM   #20
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
MONSTER....Ha..I was mentioned yet AGAIN in the Cancellation thread.......amazing......
I saw that! You