Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-25-2017, 11:46 AM   #71
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You strike me as an old school fan, when you get towards the end you won't be disappointed.
Finished it last night! First time I’ve started and finished one of these series in one day! You were absolutely correct! I loved it! Best Netflix Marvel series after the first two seasons of Daredevil!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:57 AM   #72
joerock
U talkin' to me?

I loved this show. Ending of the first episode when Micro whispered, Welcome back Frank, I knew $hits about to get real. And the “creation” of Jigsaw, damn that was beautifully brutal.
joerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #73
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerock View Post
I loved this show. Ending of the first episode when Micro whispered, Welcome back Frank, I knew $hits about to get real. And the “creation” of Jigsaw, damn that was beautifully brutal.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:24 PM   #74
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Finished it last night! First time I’ve started and finished one of these series in one day! You were absolutely correct! I loved it! Best Netflix Marvel series after the first two seasons of Daredevil!
The Fall of Billy Russo and Creation of Jigsaw was just handled beautifully. I really hope the Disney streaming service doesn't hurt these netflix series because I really want a Season 2, and since Daredevil Season 3, Jessica Jones season 2 and Luke Cage Season 2 are all a go I'd hate to see the Punisher get cut short.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:25 AM   #75
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Wasn't the PUnisher show I was expecting but loved it. Didn't even realize Russo was Jigsaw in the comic book, perfect set up.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:02 PM   #76
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
The Fall of Billy Russo and Creation of Jigsaw was just handled beautifully. I really hope the Disney streaming service doesn't hurt these netflix series because I really want a Season 2, and since Daredevil Season 3, Jessica Jones season 2 and Luke Cage Season 2 are all a go I'd hate to see the Punisher get cut short.
This too is my biggest fear of the Disney streaming spin-off. Disney knows they have a built-in viewing audience that is not just kids/cartoons. I can't see Disney being kind and letting Netflix keep the shows when they will need that market share to attempt to make profit.

Truthfully I think the idea is foolish by Disney. It's not profitable and they are too late to the game with too niche of a market.

But enough of my derail -- I really need to get on watching Punisher. I've been slacking on my binge watching. Took me three weekends to finish Stranger Things 2!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:04 PM   #77
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Really enjoyed Punisher. Interplay between Frank and Micro was really well done. So much so that him reuniting with his family was something I was hoping might not happen as it will be tough to write them as a team going forward. From episode one, I was watching everyone with an eye on who would end up being Jigsaw. I initially thought it would be Rawlins, especially after Frank gave him the reminder in the flashback scene. For about a half episode I wondered about Lewis but his character just wasn’t strong enough to carry the weight of Jigsaw. I landed on Billy with a few episodes left after I thought he was connected to Rawlins. The mirror scene was just perfect and leaves you wanting to see the damage done.

I am also worried about the idea of Disney taking these series away from Netflix as I can see them being watered down which would be the worst possible thing to do to the long term viability of the series. I haven’t read too much on this topic – need to catch up but I probably would rather be blissfully ignorant and just believe that Netflix will keep making these series.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #78
joerock
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Really enjoyed Punisher. Interplay between Frank and Micro was really well done. So much so that him reuniting with his family was something I was hoping might not happen as it will be tough to write them as a team going forward. From episode one, I was watching everyone with an eye on who would end up being Jigsaw. I initially thought it would be Rawlins, especially after Frank gave him the reminder in the flashback scene. For about a half episode I wondered about Lewis but his character just wasn’t strong enough to carry the weight of Jigsaw. I landed on Billy with a few episodes left after I thought he was connected to Rawlins. The mirror scene was just perfect and leaves you wanting to see the damage done.

I am also worried about the idea of Disney taking these series away from Netflix as I can see them being watered down which would be the worst possible thing to do to the long term viability of the series. I haven’t read too much on this topic – need to catch up but I probably would rather be blissfully ignorant and just believe that Netflix will keep making these series.
Yep if Disney steps in, we are gonna get Punisher vs Archie
joerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #79
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

By far my favorite of the Netflix series, I loved it.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #80
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerock View Post
Yep if Disney steps in, we are gonna get Punisher vs Archie
Nonsense. No matter what changes Disney could make to these already excellently-reviewed series (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage) would increase their critical acclaim so why bother? This isn't like the Thor movie franchise where the previous installment was mediocre so there was a need to try to make it better by changing the formula.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote