Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-23-2017, 09:37 PM   #991
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
My final decision is to see what sideshow offers at SDCC and P1 shows at Wonder festival. If there is nothing new there that I really want, and this is still available, I'll order.
A good plan! $1K per statue is a lot of money but I am expecting the next round of releases to inch up on the cost front and be over $1k, especially the Jim Lee bats or any of the Hush stuff. Prepare for sticker shock again my friends....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:08 PM   #992
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Found someone selling the EX for well under retail, shipped...so I'm finally getting this guy.

That's the "problem" going forward with this line. I love them, they're awesome and extremely high quality, but they don't retain value at all. Should I ever want to resell them that'll be a bummer. But at least they look amazing displayed together on my shelf.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:51 PM   #993
SONICobra
Batman

I think "over time" the ex's will at the very least retain their value, the worth while ones at least. I own the ex for this but feel its one of the weakest ex's released so far. Its cool but ill never display the batman cowl. The others i have / have on order i will always be displaying the ex (dkr batman, two face, flashpoint batman)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:25 AM   #994
Indomitus

Difficult to fetch a premium for something that is available or waitlisted (a chance) from the manufacturer. Only time will tell if and how much these things may go up in value.

Congrats on the pickup!
Old 06-28-2017, 12:58 AM   #995
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Difficult to fetch a premium for something that is available or waitlisted (a chance) from the manufacturer. Only time will tell if and how much these things may go up in value.

Congrats on the pickup!
Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, as a future owner I hope these go up in value, but I doubt it. The size is larger than many people can accomodate, the price per piece is already high, and while I love these costumes and find them superior to the classic comic looks, they may deviate too far from the comics for most.

I've got 5 of the Batman prime 1 pieces so far, and managed to get 2 of them shipped for a significant price under retail. That doesn't bode well for the future of these pieces.

For now, I don't care. I don't plan on reselling them anytime soon. They look amazing on a shelf. But, as all collectors know, keep collecting long enough and all pieces change hands. Guess we'll see 3-5 years in the future.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:48 AM   #996
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, as a future owner I hope these go up in value, but I doubt it. The size is larger than many people can accomodate, the price per piece is already high, and while I love these costumes and find them superior to the classic comic looks, they may deviate too far from the comics for most.

I've got 5 of the Batman prime 1 pieces so far, and managed to get 2 of them shipped for a significant price under retail. That doesn't bode well for the future of these pieces.

For now, I don't care. I don't plan on reselling them anytime soon. They look amazing on a shelf. But, as all collectors know, keep collecting long enough and all pieces change hands. Guess we'll see 3-5 years in the future.
I promise you, no matter how long you decide to keep it, it'll look magnificent in your collection. IMO, this piece truly is special.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:43 PM   #997
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Thanks.

Sound logic and some very good points. I am also getting these not to flip but personal enjoyment.

I think the statue industry is going through a bubble period much like any time when expendable income is available when the economy is moving.

Crazy prices wont last, number of options will decline, and it will go back to the bread and butter character designs. Comic/movie Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. Smaller scales. People will move on to other hobbies like putting food on the table. But at least you won't have to feed these guys.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:56 PM   #998
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

I think the statue industry is going through a bubble period much like any time when expendable income is available when the economy is moving.
This. A thousand times this. There are way too many companies producing way too many statues, at way too high of prices. This bubble we've seen the last couple years is going to burst.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:38 PM   #999
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm hoping for Sideshow Online Comic Con month they have a 15% off like they did with GGSAVE15, because I missed out when that code was on.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:29 PM   #1000
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I ended up getting like $30 something dollars in points for a grand total of $350 so I used it all and caved and bought this one....
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote