Statue Forum 

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories

Old 09-23-2020, 11:10 AM   #2071
KaraFan
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakarhimself View Post
I think Ive missed something, this line will continue despite WB shutting down DC Direct?
They are changing it up and the statues will be more expensive now. Some lines will be gone due to the layoffs.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:46 AM   #2072
SDguy
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakarhimself View Post
I think Ive missed something, this line will continue despite WB shutting down DC Direct?
Not sure how, with various sculptors and painters publicly stating how they are out of work due to DC Direct shutting down.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:06 PM   #2073
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

It seems like DC Direct is sticking around as a shell of its former self, but they'll basically be licensing the characters out to other companies who will handle the actual production and distribution. So if they are planning on launching a JSC-inspired Cover Girls line the statues themselves will probably be produced by Diamond Select or Sideshow or some other company.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 03:49 AM   #2074
Ralek
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
It seems like DC Direct is sticking around as a shell of its former self, but they'll basically be licensing the characters out to other companies who will handle the actual production and distribution. So if they are planning on launching a JSC-inspired Cover Girls line the statues themselves will probably be produced by Diamond Select or Sideshow or some other company.
I wouldn't mind that as long as the quality is still good (or even better) and as long as it is still art(ist)-centric content.

Sideshow can do great art(ist)-centric stuff, as proven with their JSC-lines for instance, but sadly, left to their own devices, they are not really interested in comic book art or artists, but only care about the characters they have licensed and possibly their movie versions.

Which to me, is a shame, because I am not really super interested in e.g. having a Wolverine that looks nothing like any Wolverine I have ever seen on page except for the costume.
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 04:10 PM   #2075
omigeo
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I should be getting my Frank Cho Harley Quinn Statue soon. Cannot wait
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote