Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-27-2020, 09:43 PM   #3731
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The original Storm PF was based on the classic costume.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:34 PM   #3732
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
The original Storm PF was based on the classic costume.
Yeah, but that piece is a bit dated. I can only imagine how much better a classic Storm sculpted by Harbottle would look. IMO, the OG Storm PF looks solid but not spectacular. The Rogue and Jean revisits turned out much better than their OG PF counterparts. I'm sure sideshow could do the same with a new classic Storm PF.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:50 PM   #3733
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Has anyone seen, Iron Studios has added a 1/10 Nightcrawler to its X-Men diorama! That’s pretty big news, the first statue of the character in a very long time! (It also looks fantastic)

Surely that means other companies could also theoretically now have the green light as well? This gives me a lot of hope, I’d love to have Kurt in my collection!
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:50 PM   #3734
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Has anyone seen, Iron Studios has added a 1/10 Nightcrawler to its X-Men diorama! That’s pretty big news, the first statue of the character in a very long time! (It also looks fantastic)

Surely that means other companies could also theoretically now have the green light as well? This gives me a lot of hope, I’d love to have Kurt in my collection!
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:47 AM   #3735
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post

Yes yes time to restart this debate lol. What was the reasoning previously provided for nobody being able to produce a nightcrawler? Wasn't it licensing issues or Disney not wanting to produce a "devil" looking character? Either way, this is welcome news. Nightcrawler looks great, and I hope we get some news on a 1/4 scale piece soon!

Also, I didn't know I wanted a Forge piece until I saw the Iron Studios piece. Wow! That in 1/4 would be awesome as well. Although I feel like Forge would be a hard sell unfortunately. Perhaps not.

Here are the 2 newly revealed Iron Studios pieces for discussion references:

They also announced and showed sketches of a Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch that look wonderful. Not sure if they are meant to be part of the IS X-Men dio or not tho.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:39 PM   #3736
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Since Iron Studios got permission, then SS heck even XM will definitely now have finally gotten approval to finallly be working on the nightcrawler statues. When it would be released tho who knows. Also IS making Forge a pretty unkown character is crazy, but hope he sells decent so they keep making more of the unknowns who comic readers will love.

My guess is that we won't see Nightcrawler PF till next year SDCC/NYCC around those times? I have a feeling all we will see this year is Storm for 12 days, and that's it.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:40 PM   #3737
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Since Iron Studios got permission, then SS heck even XM will definitely now have finally gotten approval to finallly be working on the nightcrawler statues. When it would be released tho who knows. Also IS making Forge a pretty unkown character is crazy, but hope he sells decent so they keep making more of the unknowns who comic readers will love.

My guess is that we won't see Nightcrawler PF till next year SDCC/NYCC around those times? I have a feeling all we will see this year is Storm for 12 days, and that's it.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #3738
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Yes yes time to restart this debate lol. What was the reasoning previously provided for nobody being able to produce a nightcrawler? Wasn't it licensing issues or Disney not wanting to produce a "devil" looking character? Either way, this is welcome news. Nightcrawler looks great, and I hope we get some news on a 1/4 scale piece soon!

Also, I didn't know I wanted a Forge piece until I saw the Iron Studios piece. Wow! That in 1/4 would be awesome as well. Although I feel like Forge would be a hard sell unfortunately. Perhaps not.
No confirmed reason for the lack of statues. Those are the two reasons that I'm aware of, but both have pretty big holes in the theories (other Nightcrawler non-statue products have been made recently and the co-creator had several other contemporaneous characters get statues). I thought it was Disney being overly squeamish about the demonic stuff, but people here definitely changed my mind.

The only explicit mention I even remember is an Iron Studios rep saying Nightcrawler would not be coming to this diorama...

And like I said in the other thread, XM, IS, and Sideshow are all over a dozen statues into their current lines. Could be a weird coincidence that they all put him way down the list, but that seems unlikely to me. Every (what I would consider) similarly popular character is 3 for 3. Gambit, Mystique, Colossus, etc.

Same lines have at least announced 2 Storm, 2 Prof. X, 2 Omega Red, 2 Beast, 2 Archangel, 1.5 Kitty Pryde, 1 Pyro, 2 X-23, etc. 0 Mr. Sinister, for the record. Debuting Nightcrawler with...Forge of all characters is kind of hilarious. But I've never liked Forge hahaha.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:14 PM   #3739
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Yea maybe something changed with the license of Nightcrawler. Maybe IS has a connection or friend or maybe they just negotiated a big pot of money to use the character lol. Either way PLEASE we need a 1/4 Nightcrawler. Obviously unless they have been secretly hiding this away, I doubt we see anything this year. Like Moyiori said, I feel like this whole year we have been talking about Storm, Storm, Storm at 12 days (since SS didn't show any new X-men at this years cons), so that's probably it. Would be nice to get 2 new x-men, but that's too wishful.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:50 PM   #3740
FJC
Midnighter

XM has confirmed that they have the green light from Marvel to now work on a 1/4 Nightcrawler. So, I'd expect to one from them in the near future. As far as a possible PF from Sideshow....who ever knows with them?
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote