Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-24-2020, 03:29 AM   #181
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Got mine in this evening. Won't be able to open until Friday. Very happy to have him.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:49 PM   #182
Peedi
The Secret Six

I’m loving it. The pose compacts him but there’s no mistaking this for 1/3 in hand. Have a lot of space. I need to make a better place for him but until then I have some quick pics. The detail on both Spidey and Mr. Negative are great. The eyes have a slight sparkle and shine to them, I really dig it. I really hope they do a Miles to partner with this.

*also, does the bottom of anybody else’s base say “Negative Suit Exclusive”? It appears this is a big mistake or there is a planned negative suit version and it’s still a mistake.

XM style with the styrofoam.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:49 PM   #183
Peedi
The Secret Six

I completely forgot to use the Exclusive web. Next set of photos I’ll get it right.

Also my only complaints are a small missed paint spot on his head and what looks like a paint brush hair dried in the paint on his back on spider symbol leg.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:52 PM   #184
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Thrilled!

Arrived and looks just as good as Gem's video

Will admit the web was a bit more work than expected but other than that, really like it and having a dynamic 1/3 def changes things up a bit.

The excitement when mini-humans see it is probably one of the highest I've had so far...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:47 PM   #185
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Looks great.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:30 PM   #186
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Looks great! Mine arrived today and the package was truly massive :-) I'll unpack it this weekend, very excited ^^
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:59 PM   #187
Halcyon
Loki

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I’m loving it.

*also, does the bottom of anybody else’s base say “Negative Suit Exclusive”? It appears this is a big mistake or there is a planned negative suit version and it’s still a mistake.

Did they recycle real basketballs for these?..

Just

Congrats Peedi, beautifull statue!

about wrong text on bottom,
ES is also not correct. EX should be 250 right? and regular 500.

If the paintbrush hair does not stick out, you could paint-over a small part of symbol (matt white, I use Humbrol enamels, much easier than waterbased). Otherwise I would gently scrape it off, make smooth as pos. and repaint small spot.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 02:19 AM   #188
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Did they recycle real basketballs for these?..

Just

Congrats Peedi, beautifull statue!

about wrong text on bottom,
ES is also not correct. EX should be 250 right? and regular 500.

If the paintbrush hair does not stick out, you could paint-over a small part of symbol (matt white, I use Humbrol enamels, much easier than waterbased). Otherwise I would gently scrape it off, make smooth as pos. and repaint small spot.
You’re right. It should be 250. Whoever was assigned base duty just didn’t care lol.

I don’t want to mess anything up. I’m surprised I’m not too bothered by the flaws really. The brush hair is one thing and really I can ignore it but I probably shouldn’t ignore the fact it’s not just the hair, it’s also the white spot on his head. Call me spoiled but to me I’m not paying over $1000 to fix something myself that should’ve been caught before making it out of production. Minor flaws are understandable on hand painted pieces but I shouldn’t receive and have to correct mistakes. If that’s the case I need to be paid my labor hours if I have to do work. So this would be a full body request. But also I just don’t even feel like it lol. I think I’m still caught up in how cool it looks otherwise since the flaws are relatively small.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:53 AM   #189
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Guessing the Negative Zone EXs are already done if the bases are complete and will probably go up for Spooktacular on Sideshow as an in stock item limited to 150 similar to what they did with Xforce Psylocke/Daredevil/Shard...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:58 AM   #190
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Guessing the Negative Zone EXs are already done if the bases are complete and will probably go up for Spooktacular on Sideshow as an in stock item limited to 150 similar to what they did with Xforce Psylocke/Daredevil/Shard...
Good guess. I’d likely want it, too, but this thing is a space hogger. I’m not sure about having both this and a Negative Suit variant but if I caught a rare Spidey I’m not sure I could resist! I just want a companion Miles.