Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-14-2020, 05:11 AM   #26971
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
You shoud have kicked off with Manhunter (1986) & watched the Hannibal' quadrilogy.
I read about it will check it out.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:14 AM   #26972
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Silence of the lambs is pure gold... There are so few films that can make me laugh like that...

Goodbye horses...

It puts the lotion in the basket, or it gets the hose again...

Put the f... lotion in the basket !!!!....
Hahah so funny , yr so bad ass man
Old 09-14-2020, 10:47 AM   #26973
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

The Funhouse (1981) - little known and underrated horror movie from director Tobe Hooper (director of Texas chainsaw massacre and Poltergeist, he made this movie in between those two ) this movie has it all: monsters, supernatural elements, slasher elements, a great setting at a carnival (the funhouse looked awesome) and although it took a while to get going with the horror, everything leading up to it was really interesting visually and fun to watch, then when the horror kicked in it was full throttle. I really dont know why this movie doesnt get more recognition, its really well done and with Tobe Hooper directing I figured it'd be on more peoples radar - 8/10

The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988) - directed by Wes Craven, and stars Bill Pullman as a chemist who travels to Haiti to try and reproduce a serum the locals have been using to seemingly bring people back to life so he can bring it back to his employers in America. Part Zombie movie, part voodoo movie, but with a Wes Craven twist. Oddly enough this is apparently based on a true story, which is probably why they filmed it in a sort of documentary style, I found it really interesting overall - 7/10

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight - this was a really fun watch, but it just slaughtered the source material in almost every way other than the setting. If I was to rate this without knowing about the elseworlds book I'd say 7.5/10, but if im rating it as an adaptation of the comic then 5/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:47 AM   #26974
SONICobra
Batman

oblivion - 8/10

great sci fi flick, say what you will about cruise but the man always delivers

aliens - 9/10
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:01 AM   #26975
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
You shoud have kicked off with Manhunter (1986) & watched the Hannibal' quadrilogy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
After horrified by the fact that my wife hadn’t seen Silence of the Lambs we set out to watch the trilogy, it had been years since I saw these movies so was excited to see it under a more mature lens.

Silence of the Lambs : 10/10 Hopkins is easily the most disturbing Serial killer I have ever seen on Screen, truly demonic . I remember having a crush on Jodie Foster when I saw this movie as a 10 year old kid (Yeah I know , but hey it was the 90’s and parents didn’t know any better) suprisingly the movie wasn’t as scary then maybe coz I was busy oogling at Jodie foster. None the less an amazing performance by both of them and well deserving of their academies. Ted Levine’s Buffalo Bill unfortunately shadowed by Lecter.

Hannibal:7/10 A Ridley Scott movie through and through, it just has that Summer blockbuster vibe. Not nearly as dark but more violent somehow. All great performances all around, Gary Oldman did a really good job as expected. They romanticised Hannibal Lector in this one , which felt a little off.

Red Dragon: 8/10 And unexpectedly seriously good movie from Brett Ratner, Ralph Fiennes really did well in this one , Hannibal Lector is back to his predatory best, back to his demonic self , his narcissism on full display. Nail biting ending much like Silence of the Lambs, great performances all around .

I think this trilogy has aged real well but man Silence of the Lambs, wow, seriously. What a great movie , I am just glad the sequels didn’t ruin it’s legacy.
Manhunter is actually the first movie of the novel "Red Dragon" and is really good, I like it better than the "Red Dragon" movie personally.

IMO the order of how good these movies are is:

1. Silence of the Lambs
2. Manhunter
3. Red Dragon
4. Hannibal
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:13 AM   #26976
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

The Babysitter Killer Queen 8.5/10 more fun than I was expecting. I wouldn't mind a third.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:25 PM   #26977
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
oblivion - 8/10

great sci fi flick, say what you will about cruise but the man always delivers
I knew that statement rang a bell. :P

It's been 5 years, though? Oh my.

Manhunter is great indeed, do watch it. Bear in mind there are several cuts, though.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:38 PM   #26978
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I knew that statement rang a bell. :P

It's been 5 years, though? Oh my.

its too bad you always have to preface a tom cruise movie review with that but is what it is i guess
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:30 PM   #26979
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
its too bad you always have to preface a tom cruise movie review with that but is what it is i guess
Lol. True!
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:26 AM   #26980
Vracula
Jedi Order

Fookin aye . I always get my moneys worth when it comes to a TC movie ..hmm maybe The Mummy was a misfire but goddamn unlike the FNF movies the Mission impossible movies have been getting better. And I know Top Gun 2 is gonna be amazing. Most hard working Action Star ever .