Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-31-2018, 05:11 PM   #161
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
I think P1s JP/JW pieces will only gain in popularity and respect when final product starts shipping and folks can compare them to the final production pieces of other companies.
I see also lots of discussions coming though..

People are not exactly used to this look. Not even die-hard fans who saw the movie and behind the scenes thousands of times.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:43 PM   #162
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post

I think you forgot something..

Spoiler
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:44 PM   #163
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Lol is the Shazam Goat!! check out the goats leg!!
dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:08 PM   #164
Giu3232
Fantastic Four

Here are some screencaps of the first film, legs are so thin it's incredible And this is the 3d cgi version some people here love so much

Tyrannosaurus Rex by Guardian Images, sur Flickr

Giu3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:16 PM   #165
Giu3232
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I still prefer the sculpt on the CC breakout,
??? I must admit i do not understand ???

You prefert this:
2017 Chronicle Collectibles Jurassic Park Breakout T-rex Statue Tyrannosaurus rex Isla Nublar Jurassic World by Baptiste Coudert Reviews, sur Flickr

over this:

Not sure if I want to laught or cry ...

And when you watch and screencap a video on youtube, check the focal lenght before

Old 07-31-2018, 07:12 PM   #166
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giu3232 View Post
??? I must admit i do not understand ???

You prefert this:

over this:

Spoiler

Not sure if I want to laught or cry ...
Skin detail and accuracy on yours will be of course unquestionably better.

But they aim for different things, one the CG version and the other the animatronic, and since i recently got some pretty amazing reference of the CG version i tried to emulate the exact color scheme on the Breakout with Photoshop and honestly it's breathtaking. As soon a find a deal for the mini version i'll try on it first, but really, it's impressive. Even while skin detail resembles JW version more, the model itself is spot on. And probably the most close to JP CG version will ever be released.

The belly is bad though, and factory paint and seams are..

In an absolute ideal world, i would love to see pieces that match the movie counterpart, when it's an ILM shot the CG model, and when it's an animatronic the animatronic version.

Quote:
And when you watch and screencap a video on youtube, check the focal lenght before

Spoiler
I'm so sorry, it's from this video posted in the Indoraptor thread.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:10 PM   #167
Giu3232
Fantastic Four

You seems to like the breakout a lot.

I fount some test pictures i made almost a year ago with the Jurassic Park: Origins model ( which match the animatronic too) compare to the breakout.

It was done very quickly, the pose does not match perfectly, neck and arms are almost untouched, tail too. The focal lenght are different ... but that could give you an idea what the animatronic could look like in that pose.

Again, it was a test, pose does not match perfectly the chronicles or the movie, but it will give you a lot of light about what the animatronic can do

JPO_CHRONICLES_COMPARE_003 by Julien Romeo, sur Flickr

JPO_CHRONICLES_COMPARE_002 by Julien Romeo, sur Flickr

VS_CHRONICLES05low by Julien Romeo, sur Flickr

If now you tell me you still prefert the breakout I'll start asking you how much cash they gave you

If you like that one, your problem is just about the pose, not so much the model
Old 07-31-2018, 10:06 PM   #168
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:

If now you tell me you still prefert the breakout I'll start asking you how much cash they gave you

If you like that one, your problem is just about the pose, not so much the model
Yeah your model looks amazing in these pictures, awesome job.

But yes, in this case i would prefer the Breakout even if your skin is more accurate.
Just because the CC piece is 100% based on the CG version, eyes for instance on the ILM model are in a different position and angle and the CC Rex reflect that, same for the neck, spine, arms etc., and it's also "animated" like that one, and since in the scene it's CG, and that after a repaint it would look identical (almost) to this:

I would still prefer it as a screen accurate piece.
Other than also being pure personal preference, as i've always liked the maquettes and CG version design a bit more.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:54 PM   #169
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
You seems to like the breakout a lot.
Pics you used were not the prototype which shows off the sculpt much better, most of the factory painted ones were a bit of a letdown. They did side by sides with actual screen caps, not 3D models and it looked closer than what you are showing.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:15 AM   #170
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Pics you used were not the prototype which shows off the sculpt much better, most of the factory painted ones were a bit of a letdown. They did side by sides with actual screen caps, not 3D models and it looked closer than what you are showing.
Sculpt doesn't change with paint, though, and going just by sculpt Juliens is far superior. The shape is just better.

Maybe it's just me, but when I think of the JP T. rex I dont think of the CGI one. And I sure as sugar dont think of JW's anorexic mess of a JP T. rex. I think of the animatronic. To me, that first and foremost is THE JP T. rex. It's what we saw, it's what the actors saw, its what the director saw. It exists. It's measurable. Something not an illusion, something real. It's something you can see, and touch...
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote