Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-01-2019, 07:16 AM   #451
protector2814
Phoenix

I'm thinking that last night's episode (4/30) might very well be the worst episode I've ever seen. It was just horrible. A clunky, not-well-thought-out episode that made little sense & presented situations it never resolved. Not to mention that all the cast members, with the exception of the XS actress, appear to not want to do this any longer. At least that's the vibe I got while watching. I've suck with The Flash thru thick & thin, but "whoa" last night may have asked too much.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:46 AM   #452
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Unfortunately, I've found that none of the CW DC shows have aged too well. Flash is probably the best of them.

The finale season of Arrow next year is going to be 10 episodes and it is time, some might say past time, for the series to go away. It's a shame as I thought it started strong.

Supergirl has become almost entirely a platform for various social agendas. I wouldn't even mind if it also had interesting stories, but it doesn't IMO.

DC Legends of Tomorrow has evolved from a show about time travel into an unfunny comedy show.

I still watch from week to week, but I find myself more and more laughing at the shows rather than with them.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:23 PM   #453
built2shred
Phoenix

Yep all the CW DC shows have gotten really bad. The first 2 seasons of Arrow and the first season of Flash were really good. But after that the stories have gotten worse and worse....

Supergirl stories have been pretty bad since day one... And Legends of Tomorrow was hit and miss the first season and then just tanked really bad the 2nd season and it hasn't gotten any better..

All of them have gotten really cheesy story wise... Same thing happen to Smallville, the first 4 seasons were really good and then the last 6 seasons just got worse and worse... I know in Smallville's case the creators were having creative differences with DC so they left after season 4, which probably explains why the show went down hill...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:40 PM   #454
protector2814
Phoenix

Sad news. Apparently the kid who played Barry in the shows 1st couple of episodes has died. This show had such a strong 1st season & a huge part of the heart of that season was Barry's back story, in which Logan Williams played Barry when Eobard Thawne killed his mother & framed his dad. No cause given.

https://www.cbr.com/flash-logan-will...BybhBtTd95anGg
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:32 PM   #455
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I did read that that was terrible news
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #456
Gothamite
Phoenix

Hartley Sawyer (Elongated Man) has been fired.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...urface-1297483

Quote:
Actor Hartley Sawyer has been fired from The Flash after a host of his tweets containing misogynist and racist references were surfaced in the past week.

The tweets, all from before he joined The CW series, make references to sexual assault and contain racist and homophobic language. Sawyer's Twitter account has been deleted, but screenshots of the old posts have circulated online in the past two weeks. His firing also comes amid nationwide protests against systemic racism in the wake of George Floyd's May 25 death in Minneapolis.

"Hartley Sawyer will not be returning for season seven of The Flash," reads a statement from The CW, producers Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Productions and executive producer Eric Wallace. "In regards to Mr. Sawyer's posts on social media, we do not tolerate derogatory remarks that target any race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation. Such remarks are antithetical to our values and polices, which strive and evolve to promote a safe, inclusive and productive environment for our workforce."
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:49 PM   #457
built2shred
Phoenix

The article I read said it was two tweets, one said something about "the only thing keeping me from doing mildly racist tweets is that Al Sharpton would never stop complaining about me" and the other was something about "when he was a young lad one of his favorite past times was kidnapping homeless women and cutting off their breasts." there might have been more of them but the article didn't say anything about it

These comments were made like 6 or 7 years ago, I believe he was trying to be funny with the posts, sure he was an idiot for making them but to be fired over them? It reminds me of the whole James Gunn situation...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:14 PM   #458
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I was about done with the Flash anyway. It just isn't as fun as it was those first 3-4 seasons. Not that I was a huge Elongated Man fan but I still don't like it when characters suddenly disappear from a show or are replaced.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:20 PM   #459
Gothamite
Phoenix

I hope they keep Natalie Dreyfuss as Sue Dearbon. Fun actress, fun character.

Fave seasons of Flash and Supergirl are still Season 1, though. The villains were great.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:23 PM   #460
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I hope they keep Natalie Dreyfuss as Sue Dearbon. Fun actress, fun character.

Fave seasons of Flash and Supergirl are still Season 1, though. The villains were great.
I liked her character a lot but don't you sort of need Ralph? It doesn't make a lot of sense to just keep her IMO (which stinks for the actress who I believe was going to be bumped to a main player).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote