Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-06-2020, 06:27 PM   #1771
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Such a nice piece and for a time I was chasing it. If they could take this, add the advancement in tech to update, this piece would be ball-blowing amazingballs.

Still an amazing Psylocke and Mystique. Elektra is cool too.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:09 PM   #1772
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Solid paint apps pretty much across the board. I have Emma, Jean, Rogue, and Mystique. They all have good paint apps with clean lines.
Thats good to know! Hopefully some good deals will pop up for mystique and rogue, sideshow sculpts have improved so much since these were released but I keep circling around Hughes's mystique, rogue and Brooks's psylocke. Hopefully some good deals will pop up.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:47 AM   #1773
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakarhimself View Post
Thats good to know! Hopefully some good deals will pop up for mystique and rogue, sideshow sculpts have improved so much since these were released but I keep circling around Hughes's mystique, rogue and Brooks's psylocke. Hopefully some good deals will pop up.
Even though those pieces were released many years ago, I think they have held up very well. Tim Miller sculpted Mystique and Rogue. He always does a great job with the female form. Good luck hunting down the pieces you're interested in.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:50 AM   #1774
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
FJC - you just crushed my spirit knowing there was supposed to be a Storm in that line. I would have bought it in a nanosecond.

And you're right that Mystique used to be that blue, that's why I said rarely. It's not my preferred tone of her skin. I always preferred when she and Nightcrawler looked a touch different.
Yeah, that story by Adam was heartbreaking to hear. I'm right there with you Demona. If they would've released Storm, I'd have been all over it.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:00 AM   #1775
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The comiquette is gorgeous and probably the best classic Mystique we'll ever get, but both the skin color and hair color was way off IMO. However, I've seen pics of that piece repainted and it looks amazing.
Like I told Demona, the skin paint apps were never an issue for me. When she was introduced, her skin was drawn to look dark blue. I actually prefer her with dark blue skin like her son Kurt. However, Sideshow has consistently messed up red heads in their releases. They almost always make their red heads more dark auburn in hair color for whatever reason. Too much brown and not enough red. For me, that's the one aspect of the Mystique COM I would've liked changed.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:42 PM   #1776
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Like I told Demona, the skin paint apps were never an issue for me. When she was introduced, her skin was drawn to look dark blue. I actually prefer her with dark blue skin like her son Kurt. However, Sideshow has consistently messed up red heads in their releases. They almost always make their red heads more dark auburn in hair color for whatever reason. Too much brown and not enough red. For me, that's the one aspect of the Mystique COM I would've liked changed.
My gad you are right! Jean's hair on her recent PF IS more brown than red!
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:22 PM   #1777
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Her hair has been auburn on both the Lee style PFs. They nailed her hair color on the Phoenix PFs. I fail to understand why they can’t just match that color on the other statues.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote