Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-07-2020, 10:24 AM   #121
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I really wish this would have been comic based!
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:03 AM   #122
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
A lot of collectors are asking for a comic accurate Iron Man PF. They've released a ton of Iron Man related statues over the years but none were comic accurate PFs. You'd have to go all the way back to the first two comiquettes sideshow released to get a comic accurate Iron Man in 1/4 scale.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:15 AM   #123
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum18 View Post
Release date has been pushed from Jan-March 2020 to May-Aug 2020.
https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ctibles-300281
Still looking forward to this, will wait to see it in hand by others first only because I'm debating on this versus another statue probably around the same time.

The light is LED so it should last way longer than I'll have it turned on. Also not concerned of "leaky batteries" never had a battery leak in anything ever.
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:40 PM   #124
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
A lot of collectors are asking for a comic accurate Iron Man PF. They've released a ton of Iron Man related statues over the years but none were comic accurate PFs. You'd have to go all the way back to the first two comiquettes sideshow released to get a comic accurate Iron Man in 1/4 scale.
Maaaaaaaannnnn I’ve been waiting for a modern Iron Man 1/4 for so long... I do like my Classic IM Comiquette but I feel the Adi Granov Comiquette is too small for a 1/4 when compared to other 1:4 statues, it just doesn’t look large enough.

Wishful thinking but they should tweak the sculpt and variant this into a comic version lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 02:57 PM   #125
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Maaaaaaaannnnn I’ve been waiting for a modern Iron Man 1/4 for so long... I do like my Classic IM Comiquette but I feel the Adi Granov Comiquette is too small for a 1/4 when compared to other 1:4 statues, it just doesn’t look large enough.

Wishful thinking but they should tweak the sculpt and variant this into a comic version lol.
LOL! I have the ground punch COM and passed on the classic COM. I think both look good. I think the scale issue with the ground punch COM is due more to him being completely hunched over. I don't see a scale issue. He looks pretty good next to my other PFs. That said, a new comic accurate PF is long overdue.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:21 PM   #126
Star-struck
The Spirit

Out of the box vid

https://youtu.be/XCt8yRDrABQ
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:53 PM   #127
SONICobra
Batman

paint looks pretty solid, wish i liked the pose and base more
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:29 PM   #128
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I just wished I like the suit more.

I must be one of the few who doesn’t particularly like the Mark 7 suit. If I’m being honest it’s my least favourite out of all the primary suits, with possibly the Mark 42 being an exception, but then again I loved the Mark 43 and that was simply a repaint.

But even with that, this piece from Sideshow has got me questioning my decision on not preordering it. I think it looks great..... when the light up is on anyway.

The paint on the armour looks great, but I wished they had not scuffed up the boots. It’s not nearly as bad as the Mark 3, but I would’ve preferred a perfectly clean look.

However it seems that Sideshow has really turned a corner with their Iron Man pieces. The Mark 3 came out surprisingly well, and this looks to follow suit. After the bad years of the Mark 42 etc, I had lost all confidence in Sideshow, but these last two pieces have restored my faith somewhat.

But even though I’m not a total fan of the Mark 7, I had been contemplating getting Queen Studios version............decisions, decisions.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:17 PM   #129
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

A lot of statues have had light up effects on Iron Man, however, IMO this is the most creative and well done light up Iron Man have seen so far. When it's off just looks like smoke to me.

Really tempting
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:42 PM   #130
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The paint app looks phenomenal. Probably the best IM statue to date. The light up is spectacular too. The question is do I need another IM statue lol.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote