Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-06-2021, 07:12 PM   #121
Pompous
Frackin!

Yeah, this excuse is pure garbage.

If the middle base requires the same effort/pricing in man-hours, then that's just a pure failure of design. Yes please, put as much effort/resources into a connecting base as the standalone statues with the actual title characters on them, it's totally worth me putting $1900 more into my purchase.

They are out of their mind if they think a three buildings base has the same value as the other parts regardless of effort/resources used. I don't care how many people in the industry try to persuade me, if you are that convinced three LED buildings are worth as much as Godzilla AND Kong, sell the thing separately and see how well that goes.

Either only buy your favorite monster or get both Kong and Godzilla separately without purchasing the bundle. I cannot comprehend why anyone would buy the bundle, unless $1900 is pocket change to them.
Pompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:14 PM   #122
TruckerJoe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I understand being upset over the ever rising costs
of this unique hobby were all involved in here but
this particular Diorama is so exceptional that it of
course is going to be very expensive.
I haven't made up my mind yet myself whether to preorder or not because it is alot of money and it's
probably 2 years or more since it will actually ship.

This thing is enormous though, it will probably fit on
a large table or something big to place it on. To a collector this piece is a dream but I suppose it could
be bought by people that just want to hoard them and
sell at big profits in the future.
I have heard that wealthy people are buying things of
value because of the shrinking value of the currency.

Thank goodness that these extraordinary prices only
apply to these extraordinary pieces such as Kong.
Yet one can see the prices of Prime One normal 1/3
rd scale pieces reaching 2k in the not so distant future

At that point is it really worth spending 2k for a statue
or is it time to move on. I have a substantial collection
and I'm about out of all practical space that I have left.
I don't want to sell anymore of my collection to make
available new space for new items. I can see the ever
rising costs driving a lot of us to the sidelines but for
me I'm okay with what I have.
Unfortunately for recent collector's this is pretty expensive to jump into this hobby now.
TruckerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:17 PM   #123
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
People having been complaining about pricing and about being priced out of the hobby since I started collecting in 2015. And as much as we may hate it, it sometimes appears that for everyone collector who stops they’re quickly replaced by even more. People still talk about premium formats being $200 and now they’re in the $600 to $1,200 range.

This
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 08:13 PM   #124
TheBishop
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Aftermarket values don't just go up indefinitely when there is no one left to buy. Are there enough wealthy buyers to hit the minimum production numbers? Statue makers still need the median collector to keep the lights on.
I think due to the wide variety of collectors out there ( of all financial abilities ) that there will always be a market for extreme high end collectibles... I think one factor that has really helped to enable the companies to raise the prices of statues and busts, (other than increasing competition for higher quality and realism such as hyper real silicone busts for example ) is the fact that 1 and 2 year long payment plans being offered allow a wider range of collectors to have access to higher end statues. If payment plans were extremely limited I think the inflation of these statues would not be so frequent. But since more collectors are now able to jump into the arena to spend more money it encourages the companies to one up each other.... I’m sure there are many other reasons for the hyper inflation but just my thoughts on it...
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 08:39 PM   #125
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBishop View Post
I think due to the wide variety of collectors out there ( of all financial abilities ) that there will always be a market for extreme high end collectibles... I think one factor that has really helped to enable the companies to raise the prices of statues and busts, (other than increasing competition for higher quality and realism such as hyper real silicone busts for example ) is the fact that 1 and 2 year long payment plans being offered allow a wider range of collectors to have access to higher end statues. If payment plans were extremely limited I think the inflation of these statues would not be so frequent. But since more collectors are now able to jump into the arena to spend more money it encourages the companies to one up each other.... I’m sure there are many other reasons for the hyper inflation but just my thoughts on it...
I see your point, but honestly I never really understood the popularity of payment plans.

Sure it splits the payments up into manageable amounts, but isn’t it easier to just save yourself and pay the balance when it’s due. At any given time I may have $10-30K AUD (at the height of my collecting) in open preorders and I honestly would rather have the money in my savings account rather than someone else’s.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 08:48 PM   #126
TheBishop
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I see your point, but honestly I never really understood the popularity of payment plans.

Sure it splits the payments up into manageable amounts, but isn’t it easier to just save yourself and pay the balance when it’s due. At any given time I may have $10-30K AUD (at the height of my collecting) in open preorders and I honestly would rather have the money in my savings account rather than someone else’s.
Lol I think a lot of people in the USA have a real hard time just letting any money sit in a savings account for too long lol! The payment plans allow for more impulse buying as well....and even with the pre-order deposit reservations...if they wish to cancel they will just lose the deposit on a reservation which some people see as a safer bet if they change their mind on that pre-order impulse. For the companies its a win win either way.
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:08 PM   #127
TruckerJoe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBishop View Post
Lol I think a lot of people in the USA have a real hard time just letting any money sit in a savings account for too long lol! The payment plans allow for more impulse buying as well....and even with the pre-order deposit reservations...if they wish to cancel they will just lose the deposit on a reservation which some people see as a safer bet if they change their mind on that pre-order impulse. For the companies its a win win either way.
The payment plans are ingenious for sure.
They can entice you into making a purchase
you otherwise wouldn't.
If you had to pay 6 or 7 thousand in one payment
for this Diorama it would price a lot of us out.
Payment plans. Ingenious !
TruckerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:18 AM   #128
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompous View Post
Yeah, this excuse is pure garbage.

If the middle base requires the same effort/pricing in man-hours, then that's just a pure failure of design. Yes please, put as much effort/resources into a connecting base as the standalone statues with the actual title characters on them, it's totally worth me putting $1900 more into my purchase.

They are out of their mind if they think a three buildings base has the same value as the other parts regardless of effort/resources used. I don't care how many people in the industry try to persuade me, if you are that convinced three LED buildings are worth as much as Godzilla AND Kong, sell the thing separately and see how well that goes.

Either only buy your favorite monster or get both Kong and Godzilla separately without purchasing the bundle. I cannot comprehend why anyone would buy the bundle, unless $1900 is pocket change to them.
I feel the same way. The middle part is definitely shouldn't be the same price as each set w either Kong or Godx.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:28 PM   #129
Vendetta
The X-Men

Maybe the diorama would still look pretty rad without the middle piece...

Agreed that designing that middle part of the diorama to be another $2K+ for what amounts to a few (highly detailed) buildings is just a bit insane; something slightly less grandiose and/or more of the environment built into the bases of the standalone statues probably would have been better-received.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:30 PM   #130
pau123
Sailor Moon

With that pricetag for the middle diorama, they should include the MechaGodzilla too.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote