Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-25-2024, 09:44 AM   #101
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Morph should be described as a changeling or shapeshifter, similar to Mystique. Also, Morph died in the pilot episode. I had that on VHS as a kid. Curious to know how they will revive him.
Dude, did you watch the episodes after the pilot ??? Mr. Sinister resurected Morph, but put something in him that gave him an evil second personality who was hell bent on destroying X-Men. Wolverine tried to find and bring Morph back to the home afterwards, but i haven't watched all the episodes as well, Fox Kids didn't air Animated X-Men till the end.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:29 AM   #102
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
and if that is who Morph always was i'd say fine, but as i said this is billed as a direct continuation of the original series so all of a sudden him being a them is just them putting current politics in over continuity or respect for the original creators ideas.
Eh, if the entirety of adding a simple, extra layer of interest to Morph (which as Demona points out totally fits the character anyway) is people calling him they instead of him, I don't see the issue. IF they do a 2 episode arc about it, and the struggles associated with it, then yeah, that's a problem for me.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 10:31 AM   #103
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Dude, did you watch the episodes after the pilot ??? Mr. Sinister resurected Morph, but put something in him that gave him an evil second personality who was hell bent on destroying X-Men. Wolverine tried to find and bring Morph back to the home afterwards, but i haven't watched all the episodes as well, Fox Kids didn't air Animated X-Men till the end.
Yep!! I am so looking forward to more Sinister in this new series.... He was my favorite villain in the show.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:25 AM   #104
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Eh, if the entirety of adding a simple, extra layer of interest to Morph (which as Demona points out totally fits the character anyway) is people calling him they instead of him, I don't see the issue. IF they do a 2 episode arc about it, and the struggles associated with it, then yeah, that's a problem for me.
I really dont care what people want to call themselves but if this really was 1997 morph would be a he/him
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 11:29 AM   #105
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I really dont care what people want to call themselves but if this really was 1997 morph would be a he/him
Valid. But are you not going to watch over something like that? Meanwhile, online the nostalgia continues to be shattered... and the memes are great
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	428625447_224537080739669_2780370335770841373_n.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	168654  

Last edited by SDguy; 02-25-2024 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:14 PM   #106
SONICobra
Batman

No i will watch it for sure and unless they pull a MOTU revolution season 1 im sure I will enjoy it for the most part (I hope). Its just stuff like this that makes me roll my eyes, i mean its a f_cking cartoon
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 05:11 PM   #107
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I don't remember that. Thanks for clarifying. I just remember Wolverine hating Cyclops for leaving Morph to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
No i will watch it for sure and unless they pull a MOTU revolution season 1 im sure I will enjoy it for the most part (I hope). Its just stuff like this that makes me roll my eyes, i mean its a f_cking cartoon
It starts with a cartoon, then it takes over everything like the disease that it is.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:05 PM   #108
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
i had very little interest in it to begin with, i know the current creatives (and i use that word very loosely) don't have the level of talent to keep the quality of the original series to begin with but i was willing to give it a chance until i saw how poorly the trailer looked and with the obvious inevitable injection of leftwing nonsense i see no reason to even glance in its direction until i hear some reviews from folks that it is worth my time, and my time is mostly worthless so that should tell you how little faith i have in this project.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:33 PM   #109
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i had very little interest in it to begin with, i know the current creatives (and i use that word very loosely) don't have the level of talent to keep the quality of the original series to begin with but i was willing to give it a chance until i saw how poorly the trailer looked and with the obvious inevitable injection of leftwing nonsense i see no reason to even glance in its direction until i hear some reviews from folks that it is worth my time, and my time is mostly worthless so that should tell you how little faith i have in this project.
Same. This kind of stuff is why I cancelled Netflix and Disney+ a couple years ago. Did just give Netflix a retry and out of 20 + shows I started to watch I only made it through two of them. Cancelled again
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 04:13 PM   #110
MKS
Nightwing

I think that new element of Morph (a character I never liked anyway) is unneccesary, but it’s an X-Men cartoon, so I’ll watch.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote