Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 01-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #21
kinkyqueen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Fun item, maybe i should pick up a battle damaged
kinkyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #22
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Exclamation

The Hot Toys ED-209 it's a great item but seems to have some problems with the rubber covering on top - it seems it rots and gets damaged in time - see thread and pics at SSF
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #23
Xenomorph79
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
The Hot Toys ED-209 it's a great item but seems to have some problems with the rubber covering on top - it seems it rots and gets damaged in time - see thread and pics at SSF
Well that just sucks...

Way-to-go Hot Toys! We can't wait for the next $150.00 1:6 scale figure to be released only so it could fall apart on it own six months later!!!

Scam artists...

My sister has 12" Barbie dolls from 20 years ago that still haven't fallen apart. What a joke...
Xenomorph79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #24
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Poorly conceived.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #25
jkno4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
Poorly conceived.
Indeed they could have made all that cover thing out of plastic or resin and then would have been no problem with rotting or damage.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #26
phildexter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

re

The rubber part on mine has also started to show signs of wear. It's starting to retract from the edges of the plastic. I've glued the areas down, which seems to have worked for now. But I'm not sure how much longer it will last. On a high end collectable you'd thought they would think of such things.

My hot toys Alien Power loader is also falling apart. A lot of the small plastic pins the pipping attaches to, have broken off. Very annoying.
phildexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #27
MadCow
Frackin!

The ED-209 problem is minor. It's only a matter of time till someone molds and produces a plastic cover replacement. I'm not sorry I bought it and probably never will be. An ED-209 this size has been my dream since I first saw the movie in the theatres as a kid...

HT's rubber problems though have caused me to sell off my rubber bodied figures just in case. These things are too much $$$ to waste on something that's going to rot years down the road...
MadCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #28
Xenomorph79
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

I think they want their crap to rot away and fall apart so you'll be forced to drop another $200.00 on one of their 12" dolls a year down the line.

I swear I've heard more bad than good on their stuff.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a disappointment!!!
Xenomorph79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #29
hulkpitt
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I saw this and looked at the Freak's board thread, I think if you get a fine cooking sieve, cut it and shape it to ED's head area. Then remove it and spray a thick undercoat on the sieve several times until it clogs the holes dullcote it for protection, spray black add dullcote again. Allow to dry and then apply a glue very finely and attach, that is the best solution I can think of.
hulkpitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:21 AM   #30
jkno4u

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCow View Post
The ED-209 problem is minor. It's only a matter of time till someone molds and produces a plastic cover replacement. I'm not sorry I bought it and probably never will be. An ED-209 this size has been my dream since I first saw the movie in the theatres as a kid...

HT's rubber problems though have caused me to sell off my rubber bodied figures just in case. These things are too much $$$ to waste on something that's going to rot years down the road...
Indeed, that is the solutions and seems the SSF guys are already thinking of it if Hot Toys doesn't do anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph79 View Post
I think they want their crap to rot away and fall apart so you'll be forced to drop another $200.00 on one of their 12" dolls a year down the line.

I swear I've heard more bad than good on their stuff.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a disappointment!!!
Let me give you an example. I know GG will release a 1/6 Stormtrooper statue soon. I already have the Medicom RAH Stormtrooper figure (and all other Imperials). I already know that the GG statue will look great and I'll buy one (plus the BHS), but no chance it will look as realistic as these "dolls", as you call them.

I was never into poseability, I pose my figures once and they stay that way until I dust them and then they move a bit due to manipulation. But a statue is something that will stay in a pose forever a figure can be posed.

I have statues and figures, and no one will make me sell the figures or the statues, because I feel they are all great from my perspective and they look great in my collection.