Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-03-2017, 09:30 AM   #11
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by walokbig View Post
I don't have Facebook,Twitter,instagram...I do not like the social networks.Unfortunately everything is now working with social networks and I lose important news.Fortunately we have this forum.
Yes don't worry. I'm here to make sure you guys get all the latest info and news and I'll also be sharing some exclusives here before they are revealed on any social media!
Old 08-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #12
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
This is great news! As someone who sometimes orders doubles, shipping was almost costing me the same price as one statue.

Sure, I'll bite...

Why is something like this, that affects all paying customers, considered to be a Facebook "exclusive news" and not sent via email?

You can't get more control than sending an email from a noreply address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Haha...yup.

Weekly newsletter should at the very least contain all official announcements (posts by redant or Jerry) made the prior week.

No y'all are totally missing the point. The conversation after the reveal is where the "hype" really is and that's what they want control over.

And a quick FB post is far easier than getting a whole newsletter out. I'm sure they will still do newsletters but the info will be stale as for most it will be extraneous unless they intentionally withhold something just to make the newsletter relevant.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #13
halfamazing
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
No y'all are totally missing the point. The conversation after the reveal is where the "hype" really is and that's what they want control over.

And a quick FB post is far easier than getting a whole newsletter out. I'm sure they will still do newsletters but the info will be stale as for most it will be extraneous unless they intentionally withhold something just to make the newsletter relevant.
With all due respect, I think you're the one missing the point.
This is an announcement, not a reveal. it doesn't need neither conversation nor "hype".

You'd think an effort would be made to make sure that everyone who's affected knows they are due a refund.
Not everyone who ordered theses statues from PCS visits the forums or has a facebook page. I can 100% guarantee they all have email addresses though

Anyways... I'm glad PCS found a solution to the crazy shipping prices. Hopefully they stick with USPS like they were before because FEDEX is ridiculously expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
There will be exclusives being added back to the newsletter in the future. It's being revamped.
That'd be awesome! Can't wait to see it
halfamazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #14
nongshim
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Fantastic thread! I'll be running the forums so any questions, please feel to ask me!
Can you please confirm if the refund for shipping difference applies to Blanka? There are people asking about it on FB and it would be great if it were included.
nongshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #15
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Not sure if they have done it yet, should make a post about how things slow way down (even compared to normal) around convention times.
So people might encounter even longer turn around times.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:34 PM   #16
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
With all due respect, I think you're the one missing the point.
This is an announcement, not a reveal. it doesn't need neither conversation nor "hype".

You'd think an effort would be made to make sure that everyone who's affected knows they are due a refund.
Not everyone who ordered theses statues from PCS visits the forums or has a facebook page. I can 100% guarantee they all have email addresses though
Totally agree and while I was referring mainly to all their announcements FB is the focus right now and far easier than getting an email together.
I'm sure the email/newsletter will come (probably this weekend) it just isn't going to be as instantaneous as FB.

And no disrespect perceived.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:01 PM   #17
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

So this only cover specific statues?
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:45 AM   #18
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Update from RedAnt today 12/9/17.

Quote:
"Old orders on the website" Update
Wanted to give everyone an update on us adding previous orders to the new website as the question keeps coming up. When we first launched the new website we sent an email stating current orders will be added to your account in a couple of months. Don't know where some people pulled 2 weeks from but I digress. Well over the last month it has become painfully obvious that it is going to take a lot of internal manual time and developer hours to get the orders added to the website. At this time we have decided to put the process on hold to use the resources to focus on auditing/processing refunds, cleaning up customer service, shipping, a reward system and the current website bugs. We will revisit the possibly at the end of the year after everything else is cleaned up.
But, no fret. All orders from Ultimate Akuma going forward will be in your order history. I know this isn't what everyone wants to hear, but we have to prioritize.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:15 AM   #19
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Update from RedAnt today 12/9/17.
Thanks for taking the time to post Facebook news everyone, much appreciated!
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #20
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

https://www.facebook.com/10001442179...8709089286482/

Huge production update video! Super cool!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote