Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-14-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

A Reveal about DC's next big event: Dark Nights: Metal

A big thing that surprise me just happend...
Spoiler
A Vertigo character who is known very well by most of you from The Sandman comics, a member of The Endless family, The Dream (Daniel) appears in The Dark Nights: Metal issue 1 and he will appeare in other key moments of the story with the permision of The Sandman writter Neil Gaiman. Dark Nights: Metal is the next big event of DC which is written by Scott Snyder and Drawn by Greg Capullo.
The

Last edited by Matches Malone; 08-14-2017 at 10:23 PM.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:24 PM   #2
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I'm extremely choked that you posted that spoiler in an absolutely unavoidable manner and without warning. Please excercise better decorum going forward.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #3
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Sorry... I was so surprised that i forgot to put Spoiler warning. Whoever made the spoiler adjustment in my post, thanks alot.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

Anyone else, besides me, suffering from extreme "Big Event" fatigue? "Whew man", this is getting ridiculous. Have we gone 2 months in the last 3 years with DC or Marvel w/o a big event?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:17 AM   #5
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Anyone else, besides me, suffering from extreme "Big Event" fatigue? "Whew man", this is getting ridiculous. Have we gone 2 months in the last 3 years with DC or Marvel w/o a big event?
You are not the only one. I would like a good solid year of no events. But it seems events are all they want to do now.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:20 PM   #6
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
TOTALLY

although i would say marvel is much worse than dc, they have "events" that last forever and even have smaller events in the the larger events - its like some inception sh_t. they create several new titles just to support the event / mini event you have to buy into in addition to ongoing titles... just done with it

i just wait until these are in collected tpb and pick them up if they seem interesting
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:22 PM   #7
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I'm waiting for the "New 52 rebirth metal" event.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:42 PM   #8
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
they create several new titles just to support the event / mini event you have to buy into in addition to ongoing titles... just done with it
Was The Casting and The Forge just preludes to Metal? Are there other titles (known) to follow Dark Nights Metal?

I'm not into tracking down multiple titles to complete a storyline. If so, I'm out before it starts.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:03 PM   #9
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I love the Omnibuses of these things. The super chunky omnibus with all the tie ins, one shots, mini side stories, main event and everything... yep, i will wait for the omnibus... What is a 5 years anyway.

The last event which i bought as single issues was The Infinite Crisis. I just got the TPB of Final Crisis and Forever Evil eversince. I quited getting single issues long time ago so no matter what they do, i won't get the single issues of anything for sure.

Oh, i would pay big buck for The Blackest Night Omnibus btw. Waiting for that omnibus eversince they announced that it will be a dcu wide event with 99 tie in issues or something like that.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #10
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm completely burned out on these events. I can't get excited about them and the more they come out the more I find myself becoming annoyed.

I've stopped buying them since Original Sin. That one was the final straw that flipped my "off" switch.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote