Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #491
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I had never worked with this material prior to this. At first I tried using purple power degreaser, and it worked ok (16 hour soak), but I didn't have anything tall enough to fully submerge it, so a buddy of mine (also a painter) suggested I use acetone-free nail polish remover. Worked very well, but a very tedious process doing it by hand. Took my wife and I about 4 hours to strip 95% of the paint. Couldn't remove the paint underneath the base since it's glued on very well, but the clear blue paint did a good job at hiding it or blending it.
I bet it took a while. Can I send you my base? Lol
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:04 PM   #492
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
Once I stripped the paint down to bare resin, I coated it with future floor polish to act as a primer so paint could adhere to it easier. Then through an airbrush I used Tamiya Clear Blue, Com-Art Royal Blue, and Com-Art Ultramarine to create the different tones/shades of blue. Left the tips clear. Took inspiration from Aspen's water base.
I think I might switch over to Tamiya paint. I like it's consistency. Currently I use some craft paint, RC hobby paint and garage kit colors. They all have a wide span of consistencies
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:12 PM   #493
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Amazing conversion, Lewis! Love it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:00 PM   #494
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I think I might switch over to Tamiya paint. I like it's consistency. Currently I use some craft paint, RC hobby paint and garage kit colors. They all have a wide span of consistencies
Yeah, I use a variety of paints as well depending on my needs. I typically use the cheap stuff from Michaels like Folk Art or Americana for majority of projects I've done, but also use Createx, Auto Air, Liquitix Basics, Tamiya's clear line, and Com-Art transparent/opaques. Anything really that gets the job done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Amazing conversion, Lewis! Love it.
Thanks man
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:23 AM   #495
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Lol...after my WL was on the "not good" side ever since i placed it...all of a sudden i get an email today saying it will convert to an actual order....i have until dec 22 to cancel it. I guess that waitlist status bar is just for show?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:42 AM   #496
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

People cancel all the time. I'm sure your a lucky soon to be owner. Grats man.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #497
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Lol...after my WL was on the "not good" side ever since i placed it...all of a sudden i get an email today saying it will convert to an actual order....i have until dec 22 to cancel it. I guess that waitlist status bar is just for show?
It really means nothing. I had an "excellent chance" (or whatever) to get the mythos vader...never happened.

my chance of the newest fett exclusive was "soso" (or whatever) and that converted.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #498
maximus_73
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

After they realized they can't flip for 1 - 2K on evilBay, they will canceled it.
maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #499
thecollector80

Thanks SSC for hooking me up.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:03 PM   #500
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_73 View Post
After they realized they can't flip for 1 - 2K on evilBay, they will canceled it.
1-2k is too high for this piece... for now...especially you still have the XM version you can buy for around the $1,500 range...maybe a bit more if it has the coin. A few green SSC variants sold on ebay for $800+ after it sold out and now looks like more have sold for around the $700+ range. But who knows...maybe it will go for as high as $1,500 in the near future. Look at the SSC Ms Marvel. The EX sells for around $1,000 if you are lucky to haggle it down that low. I got my first Ms Marvel regular from BBTS for $500 some years ago...then in 2016 i bought a sealed EX on ebay for $1,000 from someone who had to get rid of it ASAP.