Even if it's another white costume? LOL
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #1052
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Even if it's another white costume? LOL
No. Because there is no way that SS will beat the XM version of the mainstream Storm costume I hate the most XM managed to make a god awful design look decent. All of the late 80s, early 90s cliché women's fashion trends put onto one suit. Ugh.

Unless SS makes it like it SILVER like it's supposed to be...and modernizes it.....I could then be tempted. But it's gotta be flawless.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:21 AM   #1053
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
No. Because there is no way that SS will beat the XM version of the mainstream Storm costume I hate the most XM managed to make a god awful design look decent. All of the late 80s, early 90s cliché women's fashion trends put onto one suit. Ugh.

Unless SS makes it like it SILVER like it's supposed to be...and modernizes it.....I could then be tempted. But it's gotta be flawless.
BTW, XM just confirmed Mr. Sinister is coming soon! Not sure if you're interested in him, but I sure am
Old 10-09-2018, 10:33 AM   #1054
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
BTW, XM just confirmed Mr. Sinister is coming soon! Not sure if you're interested in him, but I sure am
damn he is going to look badass I bet. I heard next year we are going to see A LOT more mutants from XM and I hope we see more from SS. I want to be able to have options when collecting and deciding on the final X-men pieces I need for my collection.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:41 AM   #1055
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm hoping those mutants include at least two that were on display at NYCC -- Psylocke and Rogue. I like to think the gentleman's agreement was to allow SS to present their statues to the masses first.

And while I am interested to see Sinister, you know I won't buy him. He's a boy. I only buy pretty ladies for my shelves.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:43 AM   #1056
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I'm hoping those mutants include at least two that were on display at NYCC -- Psylocke and Rogue. I like to think the gentleman's agreement was to allow SS to present their statues to the masses first.

And while I am interested to see Sinister, you know I won't buy him. He's a boy. I only buy pretty ladies for my shelves.
Yes, Psylocke is a must as I can't stand what SS did to her. Rogue is gorgeous but she makes me really nervous.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #1057
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I wonder if Goblin Queen is an option with Sinister being made. I need another lady baddie in my collection.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:54 AM   #1058
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I wonder if Goblin Queen is an option with Sinister being made. I need another lady baddie in my collection.
Emma is coming but she really doesn't qualify as a villain anymore.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:08 AM   #1059
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I hope this is the case, but then I will be hard pressed to make a Mystique like decision like everyone else is having to now. Even though the XM is better (IMO), is she worth twice the price?

Quote:
Emma is coming but she really doesn't qualify as a villain anymore.
Even SS doesnt know what she is, X-men member Cape with villain base...
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:10 AM   #1060
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
I hope this is the case, but then I will be hard pressed to make a Mystique like decision like everyone else is having to now. Even though the XM is better (IMO), is she worth twice the price?

Even SS doesnt know what she is, X-men member Cape with villain base...
Trust and believe - that decision kinda drove me crazy for a couple months.

While I really like aspects of both pieces, in the end, SS won out. The biggest factors were the pose, the costume and the price. I liked the more aggressive pose (couples better with Dark Phoenix, Storm and X-23), the white costume (sans gray piping) and almost $400 savings.