Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-29-2023, 12:44 PM   #101
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Sounds like ND fixed the PC issues. Game was a broken mess at release.
I'm a longtime PC purist--got my first console ever last year, the PS5, mostly to play stuff like Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us that wasn't (at the time) ported. I have really come to appreciate the controller and big screen for stuff like Sekiro which is fine on PC but just better the other way.

So can't speak to the PC Last of Us, but it's great on PS5 and justified my purchase almost all by itself. Have also preordered the statue as it is memorable IP, even without the tv show (which is also good).
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 01:54 PM   #102
Gitaroo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Pc version works ok if you got a beast gpu on day 1, just insanely long shader pre compilation. At its current stage its good even on low end machine, still a long shader pre compilation step than most games and cpu usage isnt quite good as the best on pc like cyberpunk but works more or less the same as a decent pc ports. If they can implemented dlss3 and fsr3 to overcome cpu bottleneck then its a pretty solid port overall. Tlou2 if it ever get ported it should run better naturally because it is not the same level of upgrade as tlou1 remake. It runs at 1080p 30fps on ps4 which is already 10 years old.
Gitaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 07:42 PM   #103
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I finished the game about week and half ago. The Last of US falls in the same category as Nier Automata.

For the first 1/3 part of the game, there were no issues. However, the majority of the game still has weird flickering that occurs. I have a good computer too, 3090 and 58003D. Probably best to get a PS5 to avoid any problems and to have access to the Last of Us part 2.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 06:30 PM   #104
Megalith
Frackin!

The PC port is trash, and probably always will be. Performance might be fixed, but the audio is a complete disaster.
Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 02:22 AM   #105
Victoria
Frackin!

PC version is great; the whiners are peasants who should've invested more money into their PC instead of buying enormous fancy paperweights like this statue. Here it is running at dual 4K resolution with all settings maxed out and holding >60 FPS on my RTX 4090. I captured this footage on LAUNCH DAY back in March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUidgj7h1y0
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 10:30 AM   #106
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
PC version is great; the whiners are peasants who should've invested more money into their PC instead of buying enormous fancy paperweights like this statue. Here it is running at dual 4K resolution with all settings maxed out and holding >60 FPS on my RTX 4090. I captured this footage on LAUNCH DAY back in March.

eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 04:47 AM   #107
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Tempted more and more by this statue, despite some little things here and there I would have perhaps done differently.
I may not be the biggest fan of the series current direction but I'll for sure always treasure that first game.

Also just saw the Post Pandemic statue I have is fairly valuable nowadays, so I can see this one becoming pretty hard to acquire in the aftermarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

Unfortunately the PC port is a mess regardless of specs or updates. It got some inferior/compromised textures, broken light shafts and volumetrics, severely downgraded water physics and others little visual issues across the board, on top of an entirely faulty controller support with largely increased dead zones.

The "peasants" were right here, you actually played an inferior looking and performing version of the game. But I'm glad you still enjoyed it.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote