Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

DCD Holiday Variants

Ever thought 'wow DC should really make Christmas statues'? Well apparently they've heard your prayers and announced two Christmas variants to previously released statues, which was reported exclusively by Crave Online. Both statues are scheduled to be released this December (pre-orders should be up in the next Previews issue).

First up, is The Superman and Wonder Woman Holiday Kiss mini statue, measuring 8.75 inches and retailing for $99.95

Secondly, is the Holiday Harley Quinn Bombshell, which is "nearly 10 inches tall" and will retail for $124.95.

What do you guys think?

Original article at: http://www.craveonline.com.au/comics...oliday-statues
Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:12 AM   #2
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

The Harley piece is kind of neat, and I like that the puts some work into the variant. "The Kiss" however does nothing for me and the mistletoe is weird.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:57 AM   #3
DRAGONTHEBOMB
I am da law!

I really like that Harley piece
DRAGONTHEBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:19 AM   #4
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The mini statue looks great, hopefully the mistletoe's detachable. Guess a mini version of the Batman & Catwoman Kiss statue won't be too far off.

Would've personally preferred if Harleys outfit's painted red with black & white detailing, add a Santa hat & give her a green gift sack instead. Always liked the sculpt of Bombshell Harley though plus the stolen bat loot's a cool idea.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:34 AM   #5
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hopefully this time around I'll get an unbroken Bombshell Harley...
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #6
rykerw1701
Justice League

I guess the mistletloe is reasonably clever but it doesn't compel me enough to get this. I usually hate mini versions of statues anyway. I've been all in on the Bombshells so far, but I'm not sure I need to spend the $ on something so similar to what I already have that I'd display one month a year. Assuming I could find it each year, of course.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #7
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

the only difference on the kiss is the mistletoe? yeah no thanks

Harley looks pretty awesome though as she actually got some resculpting and recoloring, plus evil elf just works for Harley lol
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #8
Mister Papaya
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I put in a pre-order for the Holiday Harley, but we'll see. After the whole thing with Black Canary's QC I'm a little skeptical.
Mister Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #9
dechirico7
The Flash

Pre-ordered the Harley, been waiting a while for this variant. I wanted the original, but there is no way I am going to pay the ebay prices. I like this one with all the items in the bag. The superman/wonder woman piece is kind of stupid. They just added a mistletoe? Weird. Isn't the regular version being released again? I thought I saw pre-orders up for it again. And the holiday version is labeled as a "mini statue."
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #10
Markhatestoys
Justice League

I pre-ordered the holiday Harley and I still want the original version as well...if only I can find it for a semi-reasonable price. Here's the thing about ebay sellers: they can ask for an astronomical price, but that doesn't mean anyone will be willing to pay it. How many 300% markup Harley Bombshells are on ebay right now? Lots. And they're just sitting there. Hopefully some sellers wise up and decide that making a reasonable profit is better than asking for the moon and watching their statues not sell.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote