Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #11
Tyz1on
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Armor All is one of the worst products you can use on your car. It's full of Petroleum Distillates (shiny) that will turn your plastic and vinyl into Armor All addicts. If you stop using it or go too long without it will accelerate the decay and aging of the plastic and vinyl. Plus it leaves disgusting brown deposits after repeated use.

Try using 303 Protectant. This product leaves no greasy residue, wont attract dust, and rather then leaving a glaringly high gloss finish, it leaves a "like new" satin appearance on everything it touches.
Best of all, the UV protectant (SPF 40) in it will help stop the sun from drying out your plastic and rubbers and cracking them.
Tyz1on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:32 PM   #12
Deathlok2001
Resident Metrosexual

Ok, thank you. So I put 1 coat of armor all on my dash. How would I take it off? Gentle dish soap ( you know like Palmolive) and a wet J cloth? or is water good enough?

*** Quick note,after some research on the net, I found 303 Protectant is recommended & very safe. SO safe, it is used to shine fruit before sale! Go 303!
Deathlok2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:44 PM   #13
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

been using it on the same czr for 10 years with no problems at all. interior looks like it did brand new
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
Deathlok2001
Resident Metrosexual

Damn it, I don't think I can use a car cover either. I would have to cut a small hole for the antenna on the roof (satellite radio).

Also tried to find those windshield screens to save the dash but they are hard to find. I notice that my dark tint on the back side and back windows keeps out the sun, so the back interior will not get sun damage!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #15
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok2001 View Post
Well then maybe I will get me some of that Meguaire's stuff.

Get ICE!!!! I literally have an entire detail shop in my garage as I'm psycho crazy on keeping my cars clean. Once again GET ICE!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #16
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok2001 View Post
Damn it, I don't think I can use a car cover either. I would have to cut a small hole for the antenna on the roof (satellite radio).

Also tried to find those windshield screens to save the dash but they are hard to find. I notice that my dark tint on the back side and back windows keeps out the sun, so the back interior will not get sun damage!

I'm worried your an escaped mental patient....
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #17
Deathlok2001
Resident Metrosexual

My antenna unscrews, so the car cover is all good. But now I will have to unscrew it when I go out or someone might pilfer it!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #18
Deathlok2001
Resident Metrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Get ICE!!!! I literally have an entire detail shop in my garage as I'm psycho crazy on keeping my cars clean. Once again GET ICE!
That ice stuff sounds very interesting. I will have to L@@K into it! Thank you.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #19
TrueFaith
Kindly Asked To Leave

Keep in mind that all new cars are a lot more technologically advanced than they were even a few short years ago. The interior and dashboard fading and cracking is something that was addressed long ago. New and better materials are being used. If you attempt to preserve something based on what used to happen by adding solvents and polishes, you could actually harm the surface you're trying to protect. Most new cars don't need all the junk you're worried about. Heck, I just found out in the Sunday paper "Car Talk" column today that taking a car out on the highway occasionally to blow out carbon deposits is no longer an issue. It's actually bad for your car and just adds miles because the fuel is so precicely metered and burned there are no deposits any longer. So a lot of things that were thought to be true of every car, like highway miles being better for your car than local miles, are no longer true.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #20
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Swifter is great for dust. before the summer is when i use that turtle wax ice stuff for interior. I dont over use it, maybe twice a year.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote