Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #11
ftrain1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Nice pickups. Was Joe Mad sketching at all at the con?
ftrain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #12
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Nop a guy show me a little spidey head that he did on his notebook but that's it and he told him not to show it to anybody because then people will start asking for sketches like I said he was kind of Diva
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #13
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebohawk View Post
Nop a guy show me a little spidey head that he did on his notebook but that's it and he told him not to show it to anybody because then people will start asking for sketches like I said he was kind of Diva
I enjoy his art, but the guy abandoned comics entirely for a while to focus on a video game company he was a major player in (that I believe has since gone belly-up); he should feel flattered that so many people have stayed huge fans of his.

The "attitude" thing is juvenile on his part.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #14
bebohawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
I enjoy his art, but the guy abandoned comics entirely for a while to focus on a video game company he was a major player in (that I believe has since gone belly-up); he should feel flattered that so many people have stayed huge fans of his.

The "attitude" thing is juvenile on his part.

Exactly but You know the whole don't want to do sketch thing I get it that could be a doble edge thing, if he do one for a guy And others see him they will ask for one too and if he say no they will say he's a jerk i get it and that doesn't bother me at all. Here's the part the did bother me and make me think he's a Diva and even kind of a douche. When I was in line there was another staff guy on the table next to him all the time and he was taking to the guy all the time even when he was signing and people he didn't look to the people directly , he just keep talking to the guy he was kind of ignoring people. So now it's my turn and shake his hand bla bla bla since I did know the he don't like his old Marvel Work I said sorry sir I know you don't like this work but I do and I love how you draw Magneto and He was joking and saying "oh man I really don't like this stuff I should shredded and pour this Coffey all over it" and I was laughing because he was joking but all this time he was spending more time looking and taking at the guy next to him and then He start complaining about how he can't see from all the flashes of the cameras and all he see are dots then he start telling the Guy the he doesn't know what's the deal with all the people in PR, that all of them that 5 out 6 persons want a picture and I was like well sir unfortunately we don't get Big name comic books artist like you Bla bla bla but in the when he signed all my thing I when I said you know I'm sorry but I do want a pic with you and he said "Oh I knew it" so my Problem with him is if you gonna complain about something especially about the pictures please don't do it in front of the people that pay to see you and meet you and have your autograph and take a pic with you that to me was disrespectful .
Old 05-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #15
ftrain1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. I figured since Joe Mad hasn't been really doing any cons for a while and I don't see him on any upcoming ones, he'd be more generous and sketch more for you guys.
ftrain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #16
Magneto
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Very nice haul, congrats!
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #17
bebohawk

Thanks Bro!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #18
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

nice haul man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebohawk View Post
When I was in line there was another staff guy on the table next to him all the time and he was taking to the guy all the time even when he was signing and people he didn't look to the people directly , he just keep talking to the guy he was kind of ignoring people.
i've had some artists do that to me and i absolutely hate it. we're the fans of their work, make the point to bring out their old books from our collection, and just want a second to say 'hi, great work you did on blah blah, can we please get your autograph?' and they just sit there and chat with their tablemates as if no one is in front of them. very poor etiquette by some.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:01 AM   #19
bebohawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
nice haul man.

i've had some artists do that to me and i absolutely hate it. we're the fans of their work, make the point to bring out their old books from our collection, and just want a second to say 'hi, great work you did on blah blah, can we please get your autograph?' and they just sit there and chat with their tablemates as if no one is in front of them. very poor etiquette by some.
Yeah it suck we as fans have to pay and make long ass lines to meet them and when you finally meet them they just ignore you that's just unacceptable
Old 05-31-2012, 04:25 AM   #20
Rocket
Art of Mod

Looks like you had a fantastic time mate!!

That really sucks about Joe Mad, I just hate hearing those stories, but thanks for sharing as I always like to know who the "divas" are

As for Capullo, I couldn't agree more! He attended a con here last year, and he was just beyond friendly, and willing to chat about everything and anything. Plus, even though he was only doing quickie sketches, as you would know he does 200 con exclusive prints, and gives them out free til they run out! And each con he does a new unique piece for! For ours he did Violator getting drunk on Aussie beer
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote