Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #1551
Tier
Doh!

I unboxed my figure a few days ago and took some pictures. This is my first XM figure and I didn't really know what to expect, but I'm thrilled that she came out absolutely gorgeous. I'm definitely keeping an eye on XM's stuff from now on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fig-witchblade-01.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	313.9 KB
ID:	107197   Click image for larger version

Name:	fig-witchblade-02.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	107198   Click image for larger version

Name:	fig-witchblade-03.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	107199   Click image for larger version

Name:	fig-witchblade-04.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	107200   Click image for larger version

Name:	fig-witchblade-05.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	313.4 KB
ID:	107201  

Tier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #1552
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tier View Post
I unboxed my figure a few days ago and took some pictures. This is my first XM figure and I didn't really know what to expect, but I'm thrilled that she came out absolutely gorgeous. I'm definitely keeping an eye on XM's stuff from now on.
You take great pics Tier. Congrats
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #1553
Gollum
Mephisto

Review of Witchblade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkuTX1oyBdE

This guy does great reviews
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #1554
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tier View Post
beautiful pics!
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #1555
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Congrats everyone who just received theirs. Still loving mine, awesome piece for sure!
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:37 AM   #1556
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:37 AM   #1557
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:17 PM   #1558
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Received my Witchblade last week...and she is a beauty indeed! The paint app is fantastic although it is still a little green for my tastes. But even at that, there is enough silver mixed in with the green to where it almost comes across as platinumish. Both heads are great, but I wish the straight hair portrait was looking ahead or up and to the left or right. It is my favorite of the portraits, but due to her looking down, I have the other head on it (which is exceptional) because it displays better at eye level. I plan on getting a stand for Witchblade so I can raise her above eye level...where at that time I will display the straight hair portrait.

My biggest gripe is with the size of Witchblade herself. I think she is a little small, especially when compared to the size of Darkness. I don't mean the overall statue, I mean the character. She is a really petite lady. I am unsure of her height and build, but she is little. Medusa is bigger than she is. Nevertheless, the statue is very well done. However, I would definitely like to see another attempt at a more massive / amibitious Witchblade attempted at some point in the distant future. Not until after several more Top Cow characters are made though. For now, she is great and fits in with Darkness quite well.

Concept / Sculpt = 8 / 10
Paint Application / QC = 9 / 10
Extras = 8.5 / 10 (2 heads, two left arms, print)
Packaging / Presentation = 10 / 10

Overall = 8.9 / 10 Exceptional statue for what she is, but you know XM can do much more with this character. She needs to be on equal ground with Darkness.

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:46 PM   #1559
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Received my Witchblade last week...and she is a beauty indeed! The paint app is fantastic although it is still a little green for my tastes. But even at that, there is enough silver mixed in with the green to where it almost comes across as platinumish. Both heads are great, but I wish the straight hair portrait was looking ahead or up and to the left or right. It is my favorite of the portraits, but due to her looking down, I have the other head on it (which is exceptional) because it displays better at eye level. I plan on getting a stand for Witchblade so I can raise her above eye level...where at that time I will display the straight hair portrait.

My biggest gripe is with the size of Witchblade herself. I think she is a little small, especially when compared to the size of Darkness. I don't mean the overall statue, I mean the character. She is a really petite lady. I am unsure of her height and build, but she is little. Medusa is bigger than she is. Nevertheless, the statue is very well done. However, I would definitely like to see another attempt at a more massive / amibitious Witchblade attempted at some point in the distant future. Not until after several more Top Cow characters are made though. For now, she is great and fits in with Darkness quite well.

Concept / Sculpt = 8 / 10
Paint Application / QC = 9 / 10
Extras = 8.5 / 10 (2 heads, two left arms, print)
Packaging / Presentation = 10 / 10

Overall = 8.9 / 10 Exceptional statue for what she is, but you know XM can do much more with this character. She needs to be on equal ground with Darkness.

One source says she's 5'9 don't know how reliable that is. She's about 17 inches tall but is slightly leaning forward and her head is tilted down (hair down version) that equates to about 5'7 it's relatively within scale depending on the source for her height for a 1/4th.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2029.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	107703  
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:23 AM   #1560
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
You are more than likely right QX...it may just be that Darkness is so damn big!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote