Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #31
spider1135
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I have litter problem with Toynk, I won two GG boba fett full size as the same time, both arrive in different box, one open and checked, it was OK (but it isn't), next day I open the other one, found out this one have antenna attached on it, the first one did not, so it was broken ( I thought the antenna is attachable ).

I email Toynk many time, finally I called my CC because no reply from toynk, my CC charge back the paypal, paypal charge back to Toynk, almost a week later I got email from toynk told me to send a email to the mail insurance company because it was insured, in the email saying I have received a broken item and with some pictures of the broken boba fett attached to the file send to the insurer, I did and Toynk got his Money back from the insurer.

Over one month later, my CC statement show a charge back of $118 to payback paypal. I told my CC that Toynk got the insured money back, the bank should't charge me back, the bank told me I have to deal with Toynk for that.

I email Toynk again, telling toynk my bank charge me back $118 to paypal, and paypal to your account, please look it out for me.

I email many many time again, each time say no, paypal didn't tranfer the $118 to toynk account, after months gone by, I just let go. I have the broken antenna boba fett which isn't bad, it justs a small thing, but Toynk got the insurance money and the paypal mony back. he made good money out of this auction.
spider1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:40 PM   #32
phrmcst
Fantastic Four

I had issues with them on a damaged item as well. I bought one of the Star Wars 3D posters and when I got it home Leia's head was missing. I think it was a manufacture error because it was not broken off it was just missing and you could see the key hole where her head was supposed to be glued in.
I contacted TOYNK and they said it was a manf error and to contact them. I did and the manf said to return it to the store for a replacement because the manf does not deal with the public. I sent the manf email to TOYNK and they basically told me it was not their error and they were not going to deal with it.
A week later the manf followed up with me (which I was surprised about), but said there was nothing they could do if TOYNK would not take back the bad piece.
I gave up and now have a one of a kind headless poster.
I also keep walking when I see their booth at Wizard World Chicago.
phrmcst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #33
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

looks like I will be using my credit card for this one!!!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:19 PM   #34
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

I live close to Toynk and go there all the time.
I have never had any problems with them. The guy I usually deal with is Tim. I think he might be the owner. They seem to always go out of their way to help, I thought they were reputable on ebay too.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:23 PM   #35
patrickwm68
The Flash

The store I used to work at ordered a case of adult film star figures from them, it was obvious they went through the case and removed the popular/chase figures and replaced them with all the same figure.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote