Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #171
AsOneDead
You got red on you

It seems like they didn't know what else to do with him or how to end his story so they just killed him off. Or maybe they just watched too much Game of Thrones and thought they'd get controversial and kill off a fan favourite character
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #172
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Geez... lots of negativity surrounding the finale. Richard was my favorite character and I hated to see him go but I think his exit was handled well. I found his final moments rather touching as he truly had come full circle. He'd obviously lost the killer instinct and this was just one job too many for him. Much like Jimmy Darmody I think his character reached a point where, for the sake of the story, it was just time to complete his arc. While tragic I think it was a fitting end.

Loved the irony of Eli being picked up by Van Alden at the end. It'll be interesting to see how their fate's play out under Capone and crew in Chicago. Van Alden has become a far more interesting character this season and much like Eli I think he's going to find he's a much better gangster than he ever was a lawman.

As for the season overall, I loved it. Obviously I'm in the minority here but I enjoyed it much more than last season, which just seemed to have a lot less going with a greater emphasis placed on characters I personally didn't find as interesting. Looking forward to season 5.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #173
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I think my disappointment about Richards death lays in my thinking that although a brutal killer he was the one guy in BWE who still seemed to have a moral compass that made sense to me. Everyone else is pretty damaged. Agree about Van Alden and Eli.
What I find funny is the guy who keeps the machine going wants out. Pretty crazy change but I guess there is only so much a guy can stomach.
Will continue to watch and still a great show.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:19 AM   #174
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

HBO just announced at its TCA event in Los Angeles that “Boardwalk Empire” will conclude following the airing of its fifth season this fall.

Sad to see it coming to a close but I think it will make for a great final season.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #175
Babytoxie
Ghost

...aaaand here we are for the 5th and final season. Things are starting off very well - two strong episodes that give me high hopes for the series having a solid conclusion.

The six-year jump caught me by surprise, but I love the flashbacks to Nucky's childhood and his early years with the Commodore. And if I had a father like that, I'd have burned the house down, too.

I'm happy to see that Margaret still has a part to play in this. I maintain that she's a very important part of the show, even though she was sidelined for the previous season. I'm not so happy to see that Dr. Narcisse will be back, based on next episode's sneak.

And the best part of Ep.2: a surprise cameo by Joseph Kennedy! I'd never considered him appearing in the story, but it makes it even more interesting.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:23 PM   #176
Babytoxie
Ghost

Wow! This certainly didn't wrap up like I thought it would, but I really liked what was done. I'm guessing that the producers and writers came up with the idea for this finale some ways into the series. It just didn't feel like something they'd planned from the start.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:05 PM   #177
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Disappointed that they rushed through the rise of Luciano, so much more could've been done with that story.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:43 AM   #178
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
Wow! This certainly didn't wrap up like I thought it would, but I really liked what was done. I'm guessing that the producers and writers came up with the idea for this finale some ways into the series. It just didn't feel like something they'd planned from the start.
I was pleased and shocked by the revelation at the conclusion. I found the parallels with what was going on currently and what transpired with Nucky's younger self both ironic and interesting. It felt like a fitting end as everything came full circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Disappointed that they rushed through the rise of Luciano, so much more could've been done with that story.
Didn't bother me a bit. This was never Luciano's story, or Capone's for that matter, but Nucky's. Those stories have been fleshed out in other mediums. Regardless though I would gladly watch a whole new series following Lucky, Meyer and Seagal with these actors.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #179
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
... I would gladly watch a whole new series following Lucky, Meyer and Seagal with these actors.
Same here. That would make a great series.