Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
ratchet
Mandarin

Walking Dead - Comics vs T.V. Show - SPOILERS ABOUND!

Since we just have a thread about the TV show - where you can't mention the comic - it was mentioned that we should start another thread where we can discuss the differences. Anyone who doesn't want to read book spoilers should not read any further!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
ratchet
Mandarin

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they gave a back story to the Governor's missing eye. It's been a while since I read it - but it was cool to see Michonne take out his eye!

Glad to see they finally introduced Tyreese - I always liked his character and thought him and Rick made a great team!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Hooray! Yeah, I love how the shows sorta follows the books. I just started rereading my trades the other day, Tyrese makes it outta the prison, right? He and Michonne start to be a thing? Where does Abraham come into play? I know its in the 50's, right? Wonder if they'll be outta the prison by the end of the season. Part of me thinks they'll have Judith die in Herschel's daughters arms rather than Loris as they leave the prison! Glad we have this thread, you beat me to it Ratchet!-
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I was pleasantly surprised to see that they gave a back story to the Governor's missing eye. It's been a while since I read it - but it was cool to see Michonne take out his eye!

Glad to see they finally introduced Tyreese - I always liked his character and thought him and Rick made a great team!
First of all, glad to see this thread. I hadn't really been participating too much in the other because much of what I wanted to say ties into the book. Even some of my reactions I can't really make because it would spoil something for others, so I've just stayed away, but now...

It's been a while since I've read the Woodbury storyline, and I couldn't remember whether or not they showed the Gov losing his eye or not, but man was that a hairy scene! There's a couple of problems I have but they're minor. I feel like Michonne's attack on the Govenor didn't feel as earned as it did in the books. They basically replaced Michonne with Maggie in the scene where he makes her drop her top, except int the book it actually went the way it seemed it was going to go, so she totally earned that attack.

Andrea is one of my favorite characters in the book, but on the show I can't stand her character. In the book they develop her into a badass, but on the show she seems to go from bad choice to bad choice in men.

Glad to see Tyrese make it into the show with his hammer. Is the girl with his group his daughter? I thought I heard her call him by his name, so it made me doubt it, plus her annoying boyfriend isn't with her.

Can't wait until February!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Glad to see Tyrese make it into the show with his hammer. Is the girl with his group his daughter?
its his sister
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
its his sister
Cool, missed that part.

I do for the most part like that they are not sticking 100% to the books, makes me nervous for some characters now.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The show has deviated greatly from the comic book which is fine for me while others may feel very disappointed. If the show used the comic book and shot it panel for panel, then it would be predictable and boring.

With the Governor's portrayl while its good character development, AMC toned down the character's utter brutality. The show did not even dwell into the Dale and Andrea's relationship because maybe people may be less receptive or even grossed out with the May-December romance. I"m not too crazy about Andrea being paired up with the Governor on the show. The Governor was not even close to being a "ladies' man" in the comic book!

Tyrese's appearance has been a long time coming and I wonder why it took so long! I'm guessing his fate on the show will of course be different in the comic book.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Cool, missed that part.

I do for the most part like that they are not sticking 100% to the books, makes me nervous for some characters now.
sister wasn't explicitly stated in the show but by Kirkman
Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
sister wasn't explicitly stated in the show but by Kirkman
Did he state it online or on the Talking Dead? If it was on the TD then I missed it there as well.

Either way I'm sure we'll find out more about her in February.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
Underdog07
Hercules

interview by the hollywood reporter

The group with T is Sasha (his sister), Allen, Donna and Ben