Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #11
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
The show has deviated greatly from the comic book which is fine for me while others may feel very disappointed. If the show used the comic book and shot it panel for panel, then it would be predictable and boring.

With the Governor's portrayl while its good character development, AMC toned down the character's utter brutality. The show did not even dwell into the Dale and Andrea's relationship because maybe people may been as receptive with May-December romance. I"m not too crazy about Andrea being paired up with the Governor on the show. The Governor was not even close to being a "ladies' man" in the comic book!

Tyrese's appearance has been a long time coming and I wonder why it took so long!
The Govenor storyline has definitely been toned down, but not enough to bother me. I was surprised he didn't follow through with Maggie, because after what he did to Michonne in the book I was ready to see that be her fate as well.

The lack of a Dale/Andrea did bother me, it was a big part of the books but things gotta go I guess. Andrea has been the biggest let down for me in the transition to tv. Hopefully they can turn her around.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
interview by the hollywood reporter

The group with T is Sasha (his sister), Allen, Donna and Ben
Sasha, that's right.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
PureInvasion

i think the biggest shock for me was Lori's end in the show. Didn't quite have the same "woah" effect as the comic had for me (with her death)

Still for the most part, all the changes have been well done for the most part and I have no real complaints on my end with how they've handled things
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm surprised nobody's thought to make this thread until now; good call, Ryan.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #15
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
The Govenor storyline has definitely been toned down, but not enough to bother me. I was surprised he didn't follow through with Maggie, because after what he did to Michonne in the book I was ready to see that be her fate as well.

The lack of a Dale/Andrea did bother me, it was a big part of the books but things gotta go I guess. Andrea has been the biggest let down for me in the transition to tv. Hopefully they can turn her around.
I agree that The Governor's characterization has been toned down but its not bothersome for me either. That particular (and uncomfortable) scene with Maggie, I actually thought he was going to rape her but he didn't. Even though the Governor received a glass shard to the eye, that its pale in comparison to what Michonne truly did to him in the books. I have the Michonne action figure by McFarlane Toys that has her signature katana, drill, and spoon. With the Governor's "daughter", she was characterized differently too.

I thought Dale and Andrea's relationship in the comic book was intriguing but in the show, it was more like Dale being a protective father figure to Andrea. I must say that I'm a bit annoyed that Andrea just didn't just run away after seeing all those heads on the floor and in the tanks.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #16
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
i think the biggest shock for me was Lori's end in the show. Didn't quite have the same "woah" effect as the comic had for me (with her death)

Still for the most part, all the changes have been well done for the most part and I have no real complaints on my end with how they've handled things
I was thinking the baby would die there as well. Whereas in the comic she died with mom, now if/when they kill her off it's going to be much much sadder. In this world I think it would have been so much better for the baby to die, I cannot imagine having to raise a baby in that environment, I mean Carl is one thing but the baby... yeesh! Makes for good drama I guess.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #17
PureInvasion

Quote:
I agree that The Governor's characterization has been toned down but its not bothersome for me either. That particular (and uncomfortable) scene with Maggie, I actually thought he was going to rape her but he didn't. Even though the Governor received a glass shard to the eye, that its pale in comparison to what Michonne truly did to him in the books. I have the Michonne action figure by McFarlane Toys that has her signature katana, drill, and spoon. With the Governor's "daughter", she was characterized differently too.

I thought Dale and Andrea's relationship in the comic book was intriguing but in the show, it was more like Dale being a protective father figure to Andrea. I must say that I'm a bit annoyed that Andrea just didn't just run away after seeing all those heads on the floor and in the tanks.
I think she's in dumb blonde mode right now...she'll clue in soon enough
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #18
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hahaha... I wonder if Michonne's completely done with the Governor yet, since she was interrupted by Andrea.

Obviously... in the books.. she uh... relieves him of a few key pieces of male anatomy. Equally obvious, they can't go that far in the show.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #19
Marvelito

Quote:
That particular (and uncomfortable) scene with Maggie, I actually thought he was going to rape her but he didn't. Even though the Governor received a glass shard to the eye, that its pale in comparison to what Michonne truly did to him in the books. I have the Michonne action figure by McFarlane Toys that has her signature katana, drill, and spoon. With the Governor's "daughter", she was characterized differently too.
Exactly what I was thinking. In the books he binds Michonne and rapes her repeatedly, as well as beating her. In the show Maggie got off light, if you ask me. I was thinking the Govenor might still get the same "punishment" by Michonne if there is a rematch between them or maybe they'll let Maggie have a go.

Quote:
I must say that I'm a bit annoyed that Andrea just didn't just run away after seeing all those heads on the floor and in the tanks.
This is what I'm talking about in her characterization on the show, she's just clueless. It's fine that she wants to believe what the Govenor is selling, but come on!!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #20
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I think she's in dumb blonde mode right now...she'll clue in soon enough
I hope so!